Glad to be accepted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to be accepted!

First off im so happy to have found this site. Someone on reddit pointed me to it and has been my go to since. The pics are of my first grow. They are at day 60, Afghan Kush Auto from FastBuds. Please let me know how they look.

My process was put the seed in ground and just water . That's honestly all i have done except spray with Dr Zymes every so often after I found a spider in my nug.

The last pic is a little stunted for some reason but she still has nug so i don't discriminate.

Now im curious if i made the right choice. I needed a way to dry them with minimal smell. I was looking at the wedryer for the longest time since its marketed as a dryer with minimal smell. But then i saw on this website there was a grow build for 430$. So instead i decided to just get a tent/exhaust/filter for a little bit more money.
    I got the following:
    1. CoolGrows Grow Tent, 24"x24"x48"
    2. AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet 4”
    3. VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter
    4. (I didnt need it but it was on sale) 2022 SPIDER FARMER SF1000 LED
    I did this so im setup to grow 1 plant in it after I'm done drying.

Any advice/criticism is always welcome, only way to learn.

That's a great fan for that sized tent. I have one in a 3x3x5' and it more than enough. Target VPD.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Berries View Post
      That's a great fan for that sized tent. I have one in a 3x3x5' and it more than enough. Target VPD.
      Yea the guide said its the top recommended so figured might as well have as much automation as i can

Comment

ponzi314 Can you point me to a study that shows the Dr Zymes to be safe on flowers. I see it being recommended, but they also recommended spinosad, do not use spinosad on buds!
        Welcome to GWE

Comment

ponzi314 You said you put them in the ground and let them go but I hope you did some kind of manicuring, yes? Did you prepare the soil? Also I like your use of various materials at hand like the stick bracing the plant, and how about that stump, is it your stool?

Comment

Originally posted by Satyaban View Post
            ponzi314 You said you put them in the ground and let them go but I hope you did some kind of manicuring, yes? Did you prepare the soil? Also I like your use of various materials at hand like the stick bracing the plant, and how about that stump, is it your stool?
            Lmao my grandpa went around with a hoe and just loosened it up a bit and pulled out the weeds when we first put them in. He doesnt smoke but hes a farmer and just likes to grow things. And actually yes i do sit on the stump when im looking at them closely lol. This was a very low budget start until i saw they actually grew. Now im invested with the Tent/accessories

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty resiliant plant eh ponzi314. Fun little harvest i'd say you got some weed.

• Satyaban
              Satyaban commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you practice any kind of defoliation? I grew some in my backyard and kinds let them go completely. They were totally illegal in 1977, they were males but looked a little like yours.

• ponzi314
              ponzi314 commented
              Editing a comment
              My grandpa is the man.

Yea im shocked the plant made it, i burned almost the whole plant early on due to spraying mid day but it came back.

I did clean up alot of the big fan leaves, kept reading mixed reviews. Some said keep the leaves others said clean it up.

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
            ponzi314 Can you point me to a study that shows the Dr Zymes to be safe on flowers. I see it being recommended, but they also recommended spinosad, do not use spinosad on buds!
            Welcome to GWE
            I dont have a study but Ive seen multiple people swear by it. I also watch some videos on Youtube and they all praise it. I attached link to soil king praising it. Just dont spray mid day. Also spray when the sun it down. Ive used a couple times now and SOAKED them in it and had great results. No more little spider. Im open to trying new things so if anyone knows something else. Dr ZYmes is kindof expensive

Comment

• BU2B
              BU2B commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh no - the knights who say neem! lol

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never yet had to use neem so i can't yea or nay. I've always made organic pestisides using old fashioned methods.

• ponzi314
              ponzi314 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is neem oil where its at? did i just learn something new?

Nice start! May I inquire - not sure where you live - about your fencing panels, please? My whole yard (and part of house) have been hit by two derechos and a 30-minute hail storm. Three insurance claims and deductibles. I'm trying to derecho-proof the back yard which is fenced for my pugs. I have 2 acres of ravine and wildlife connected to my home's property, I used rolled welded wire fencing around the irregular edge. I'd like to use a panel like yours for a gate. On a slop, my double gate for the lawnmowerman's access is a PITA. Every storm I have to wait on the rain to stop and go out, fix the zip ties on top and bang rebar into the ground on the outside of one gate, for two years now. I had it all squared and good, new handle and latches in June, second derecho hit in August. Thank you.
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X