Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

harvest or wait

heyaa fellow agriculture enthusiasts!
    I have a pressing question regarding my very first grow.
    strain: green gelato (55%indica 45%sativa)
    photo period
    600w LED light
    starting week 7 of flower
    soil: all mix, organic boosted mix

actual question: so I'm wondering if I should chop her down yet or not. this strain takes only 8-9weeks to flower according to the packaging. so I know im a bit early. however, 80% of the leaves are yellow, and I'm a little worried. can't tell by the trichome color if it's really too early. I only used some bloom nutes in flower, stopped about a week ago and did a flush. I think my girl ran out of all the nutes available and is milking her leaves for all that they're worth. I appreciate all your input, again, first grow, I suppose I could have fed her more but got a bit too stingy after watching a ton of videos about overfeeding.
    love, emco
    Attached Files

some extra info: i grew her in a diy makeshift tent, it was an attempt to save money since im not swiming in them.. i kinda regreted that, because off all the hustle i had to through. like i didnt have a humidity meter, so i was attempting to control this by opening the tent every morning and closing it up every evvening during flower. sounds fine but having a job on the side made it tough since i had to be home everyday precisely at 7pm to "put my baby to sleep". in veg i was placing bowls of water everywhere next to her to increase the humidity. overall i think she looks a lot better than i anticipated, but choosing the right harvest time seems to be getting tougher with every tutorial/ opinion video or article. could also be my general undecisiveness. i overthink even my cereal choices every breakfast, so you can imagine my frustration in making this step. i literaly stood next to her with my pruning scissors 2 times already, until i eventualy decided to ask for help. sry for the long rant, just giving you some background hope i didnt bore you folks. peace, emco

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      It's hard to tell what the leaf color or colas look like in the " pink/purple light" so best guess which i hate to give just looking at the standing hairs i'd give the full 9wks ave. per breeder and take pics in natural light it won't hurt that plant turning off an taking photo or waiting for light to go off.

sure looks like you have a little more time to wait. regarding the leaves yellowing, I recently had a grow where leaves were yellowing a lot. I left her till trichomes were ready, and other than a different colour to the buds - they were excellent quality so I am not too worried about the yellowing leaves these days. I am not selling but consuming/gifting.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

hey Bootsy thank for this tip. exactly what i hoped to hear. also not selling, also just gifting and self medicating. ill wait another weeks at least than. appreciate your feedback

Comment

here's some pics outside of the tent. is actualy a lot of yellow what do u think
        Attached Files

Comment

Definitely a few more weeks to go. If you can check your trichomes.

Here’s all the details you need to know about the best way to determine the picking time of your marijuana buds: Ripening facts, trichomes and more.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

should I do something about the yellow leaves? thanks for the replies folks

Comment

emco Your plants look good bro. Breeders timelines are based on optimal conditions,soil,lights, nutes,temp, pH, you get the drift. They lie too. Only your plant knows when it's ready. I always say when you're absolutely positively sure it's ready to harvest, wait two more weeks.

Comment

• emco
                emco commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks Primo, it's a big encouragement to hear thar im doin ok. good tip, I suppose patience is a virtue, ill lock the shearing scissors away for the next 1-2 weeks. appreciate the help mate

Let her eat all those nutes and dryout. The yellowing reflects the time of the year for her . Fall
              1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
              1 sf2000 @200 watts
              2 philzon @230 watts
              2x4x5 tent
              3x6x8 closet
              Fox Farm ocean forest
              Black gold for seedling
              3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
              RH 40-60
              Temp 70-80
              Feeding with FF trio with molasses
              calmag and a little flower fuel
              Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X