Is this calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Is this calcium deficiency?

I have a Northern Lights feminized photoperiod from Sensi Seeds, growing indoors in FFOF soil. She is 30 days from her first leaves, and this is my first go at mainlining.

I’m worried about these spots, is this calcium deficiency?

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you!

Northern Lights, feminized photoperiod, Sensi Seeds
    Day 30 from first leaves
    FFOF soil with Fox Farm dirty dozen nutes
    5 gallon fabric pot
    Black Dog LED PhytoMax-2 600, 615 watts from wall
    Temps low to mid 80s during day, low 70s at night
    Runoff pH at 6.1, despite me always watering around 6.7 to try to bring it up
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rik; 08-17-2022, 09:29 AM.

I'd be careful adding nutes to FFOF for little ones. Did you add any perlite or limestone to the base mix?

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you adding any calcium or magnesium? Potassium is usually included in nutes.

My next grow with FFOF will have added perlite to 'dilute' the soil and limestone to add calcium and magnesium plus buffer the soil.

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven’t added any calcium yet. Usually I don’t start adding calmag until I’m about to switch to flower, but I’ll happily start adding calmag now if the consensus is that this is a calcium deficiency. I just don’t know if that’s what the leaves are saying or not…

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      I struggle with the calcium signs. My latest grow is new soil, ProMix Bx and not hardly fortified at all. I have an auto in it that I'm trying for the first time too. It was looking terrible then I decided it was no calcium as none had been added, no limestone, no top dressing. Started adding some CaCl2 top dressing and it looks a lot better but now may have K issues.

It going in to the home stretch now. The new lower growth looks good. Stuff on top closest to the lights are suffering still.

I believe that it is more concerning that they are clawed. You may want to just water for a few days (pH 7.5 +) and get the pH up a bit and stay away from the nutes until they turn up and the fresh growth can tell you more. They are very green and maybe just shy of a little nitrogen toxicity.

Comment

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks billyboy, I think I might do that. I appreciate the advice.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X