Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KISS Update Week 9/10

It's all good!
    Been feeding 1/2 dose of Gaia Green Bloom soil supplement every other week; while adding 1/4tsp molasses =1/2 gal. water to every other feeding with "Recharge" to feed the soil.
    During week 8 started a ONCE weekly half dose of Beastie Bloomz 0-50-30.
    Classic Cheese is @ Day 70 and the flower is tight, beautiful, sticky, and drool-worthy.
    Pistols are browning nicely and trisomes are cloudy. I'm watching for the appearance of amber. Thinking it's time for CC to receive only water and molasses to the end.
    Red Dwarf is @ Day 66 flower is plentiful and just starting to brown. Not sticky yet.
    So the growth rate is longer than the CC and if I had to guess are a good 2/3 weeks behind.
    CC might be ready to harvest in 1/2 weeks....time will tell.

This has been a very relaxed grow, so far.
    Without trying to grow the biggest and baddest by dumping nute after nute and then having to correct for deficiencies or burns.
    Simple and clean.
    My KISS experiment has been simply Veg with only Happy Frog and then adding Gaia Green for the flower cycle. pH-ed water with mostly molasses.
    My only misstep till now is a slight leaf tip burn but corrected the burn by raising my LED's [running 24/7, which I think can be backed off to 20/4 easily, remember Autoflowers] Since I can't afford a real LUX meter I downloaded an app for my android and it's simple and sweet!
    I raised the lights to a LUX rate of 20 to 25,000 and everyone's happy.
    The temps have averaged 78-84 degrees with a humidity of 45-50 averaged. I am surprised by the low humidity but surmises it's because the girls are getting just enough water and moisture and we are all cumbia, it helped to spray distilled water on plants twice a day, as long as the humidity remained controlable so there has been no fear of mold, all water is being utilized properly. Bug has been non-issue after veg had an initial bout of nates. Treated the soil and covered with sand to cut and smother.

I've picked up a $20 USB camera microscope from Amazon and it's...well OK. Very bad apps and you need 3 hands to hold, focus record or snap photos. You will want to create a better tripod and that might free up one of those hands. Also, it's very light sensitive so it will take lots of playtime to get the results you want since the microscope actually controls the level of light while focusing and shooting the flower.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220815_16_18_52~3.png Views:	1 Size:	775.2 KB ID:	573688Click image for larger version  Name:	Image_2022-08-15 16_12_44_848~2.png Views:	1 Size:	288.4 KB ID:	573689Click image for larger version  Name:	Image_2022-08-15 16_13_34_611~2.png Views:	1 Size:	392.2 KB ID:	573690 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220815_16_19_33~2.png Views:	1 Size:	698.4 KB ID:	573691
    I've attached some examples and trisomes are clouding up on the Cheese. Spend as little as possible since you will get what you paid for...
    What do you think?
    I will edit the photos of the plants later today.
    Last edited by javabob; 08-16-2022, 08:25 AM.

Great job javabob you've made it happen by not doing anything more than using quaility soil an ferts made for growing cannibus. It does not take a rocket scientist to grow weed as some folks think. This site promotes the KISS method
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thx SoOrbudgal! Like everyone else I've done searches, watched endless "experts" on YouTube... studied countless articles.
      It becomes analysis paralyzes and we jump from one technique and nute to the next, it made me insane 1st time out. Thankfully, my guy at the Hydro shop understood my head spinning and set me straight.

He deserves all the credit. Also, probably the most important thing to remember is this..........IT'S A FREAKIN' WEED!!!
      Just let the weed grow, like crabgrass it won't be stopped IF we don't interfere.

I am so pleased with my results up to this point.

As promised, here are some pics of the ladies as of today Week 9/10.
      I took more of the Classic Cheese since it's in the spotlight right now. The Red Dwarf is forming and growing....both look delicious!

Twist one for me!
      JB
      PS: I know there's a bunch but like a new dad I can't help but want to show off the kids. I'm thrilled! Hope you enjoy the look see, I love seeing everyones family photos.

Click image for larger version  Name:	copy5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.34 MB ID:	573750Click image for larger version  Name:	copy6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	573751Click image for larger version  Name:	copy11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.14 MB ID:	573752Click image for larger version  Name:	COPY16.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	573753These last three are the Red Dwarf.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	RDC6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	573754Click image for larger version  Name:	RDCOPY2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	573755Click image for larger version  Name:	RDCOPY4 .jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	573756

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding i'd be showing these kids off like you.

Such a proud papa!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X