Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling stage going slow?!

Hi.

First time grower here, I have 3 autos, I germinated them at Aug. 2, and put them in the soil 36 hours later, they got this far, cant tell if this is normal. What I've seen they should be much larger at day 10-11?
    Cant tell what I'm doing wrong or just thats the way the seeds are.
    I gonna transplant them outside, but for now I'm using 2x35W CFL 6500K, 1x13W CFL 4000K lights, at the heigh of 10cm, Humidity is around 50-60%, temps 25-28C, I dont really have control over that last two. I water them with slightly acidic water (6Ph), the soil is neutral. They are about 3 cm tall.
    They look fine, im just worried about the speed of this, since its gets cold here in Sept/Oct - I'm gonna be using a greenhouse.
    Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

They look fine bud. The seedling stage varies but generally around 2 wks during this time it's slow motion. Autos especially, genetics and strain dependent autos may not even grow well until stretching for flower.

Question. Why are you watering soil with so low ph? Wont effect young plants in time you'll probably see deficiency as alot of nutrients cannabis uses aren't available as much in a ph that low. Also organic soil doesn't need to be ph. Only need to use ph when using liquid nutrients. Generally if in organic soil, wont need to start those until in final pot for 3 to 6 weeks, they are fed by transplanting until then, maybe some foliar sprays
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-16-2022, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• horsehead
      horsehead commented
      Editing a comment
      "Why are you watering soil with so low ph?"
      I read everywhere that cannabis plant likes slighty acidic soil, so I figured, since the soil i've put it in is Neutral, and the water I'm using seems to be a bit above netural.

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Coco or hydroponic yes 5.5-6.5 not in soil however. Soil is neutral, either no ph or when using liquid nutrients 6.3-6.7ph. 6.7 should be given imo then dip from time to time to like 6.3 to help gather nutrients more available at a slightly lower ph.

Technically 6.7 is slightly acidic since 7 is neutral
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-16-2022, 01:46 PM.

As you can see with autos growth size varies. Sad thing is both ends are the same strain. Those sprouted july 3rd. This is also why using tiresias mist or colloidal silver to make your own seeds from best plants or using clones from best plants in reference to photos. You can make feminized seeds with either or, only buying seeds once.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220816_100835.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	573709
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-16-2022, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• horsehead
      horsehead commented
      Editing a comment
      hmm, I see, well I didnt have much option. Where I live getting seeds arent too easy. I got these from RoyalQueenSeeds. I have zero experience with these or any other seeds.

OK horsehead lets get back to your original question seedlings growing slow do they look normal. Lets keep it simple not a science experiment. Yes your seedlings are normal. At this point it's roots are developing under the soil. Can you tell us what type of soil your using? Where is your water coming from a tap?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• horsehead
      horsehead commented
      Editing a comment
      "Lets keep it simple not a science experiment."
      I like to get lost in the details and if I can maximize something I can really go deep in the rabbit hole.

"Can you tell us what type of soil your using? Where is your water coming from a tap?"
      I bought it from a store, I think it generic soil, seems good quality with PH neutral, and has all necessary nutriets. Since our tap water is too saturated with chlorine, I'm using plain good quality(literally I'm drinking the same water) bottled water, which is according to my ph indicator is a bit above neutral.

OK gotcha horsehead I save gal milk jugs as now i'm living in city with tap water, i use to live on well water. So i set these jugs up a day before let them " gas off " so to speak, ya get me? I drink the tap water an taste the chlorine now but my water seems fine with my garden plants and my potted weed plants cause i've used just hose water for a while now not noticed any leaf problems lack of calcium nor early yellowing. But i make my own soil using old flushed soil from past grow only 2x an mix with worm casings, organic compost, light mix seedling soils, perilite stones. I also make bat & fish teas which i feed my growing plants.

Good job keep doing what your doing.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

There's a reason why one of the first popular autos was called "Lowryder". The ruderalis genes occasionally assert themselves and you get a dwarf or three. They do look healthy and that's what matters right now. Oh yeah, do not let them get rootbound! Auto growers tend to try and raise them from seedling to harvest in the same pot. This is because a limited space to grow roots reflects in the plant above ground. Most autos don't like surprises like transplanting or lighting schedule changes either.
      Re water for soil: I fill a 5 gallon bucket with filtered tap water and let it sit with an airstone going and use it after about 24 hours. I don't worry about pH because I'm growing in living soil.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
        There's a reason why one of the first popular autos was called "Lowryder". The ruderalis genes occasionally assert themselves and you get a dwarf or three. They do look healthy and that's what matters right now. Oh yeah, do not let them get rootbound! Auto growers tend to try and raise them from seedling to harvest in the same pot. This is because a limited space to grow roots reflects in the plant above ground. Most autos don't like surprises like transplanting or lighting schedule changes either.
        Re water for soil: I fill a 5 gallon bucket with filtered tap water and let it sit with an airstone going and use it after about 24 hours. I don't worry about pH because I'm growing in living soil.
        I see, I'm afraid to put them outside now, they look so fragile. By the way, 10L fabric pots should be enough? I wont put them directly into the ground, something will eat it i think, at this stage even more relevant.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't grow in pots that small again unless I went back to hydro in coco. The smallest pots I use for organic soil growing are 5 gallons (19 L).

• horsehead
          horsehead commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm, I decided on 35L. Thanks.

I think they yellowing is a cause of my CFL lights are starting to lack power for these guys. I'm gonna move them outside during the weekend, I hope the sun heals them
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope you are conditioning those little starts to hot and sun beaming down on them, take them into shade after a few hrs. Did you say these are autos? 35L will be fine big pot for me with autos but hopefully they'll take off. Do not bring them into a tent indoors after spending their life outdoors brings in bugs to tent. You may not see them but they are there.

• horsehead
          horsehead commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal I'm trying, also gonna use a net above them for shading. 35L but prob wont fill fully up, 25ish should be enough.
          I wont bring them indoor once I put them outdoor. No matter what.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X