Harvest Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Time?

I have (2) Cataract Kush plants in flower. One is ahead of the other in bloom and it is nearing ready-for-harvest. I've been checking the trichs regularly for the tell-tale amber color and have noticed that the heads are turning purple-ish, not amber. Is this normal? Since the head has changed from clear/white to purple are they ready to hang or should I hold off for amber? I don't want to wait and go past the prime harvest but don't want to pick too early either. Any experience with this out there?

Sorry for the poor pictures but high magnification in breezy conditions isn't easy :-)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkMariMan; 08-12-2022, 11:43 AM.

Sounds like you're looking at sugar leaf trichomes and those leaves are fading due to end of flower. Sugar leaves do ripen faster.

Generally I'll add 2wks to breeders recommended flower time. Flower time doesn't start at 12 12 flip but rather when plants stop producing new shoots and starts bud production that can take up to 2 weeks after 12 12 light flip
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-12-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I should have clarified that this is an outdoor grow and these are autoflower strains. As I mentioned in the original post, it's close to harvest, these have been in flower for 7 weeks or so and are nearly ready just trying to decide based on the trich color.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes please post more pics of the buds good job for at least scoping the trichs but it's bud you want to see. My autos outdoors which are indica dominant take between 75-90days seed to harvest. 85-90's+ f low humidity in my area. 3gal. fabric pots

Yea those are all sugar leaf pics not what you want to go by, calyx or bud itself rather. Auto/photo doesn't matter. Only difference in those are veg time. Autos have minimum. Flower time's are the same all generally 55-75 days, meaning photos vs autos autos dont have a quicker flower time just no veg time. Nana glue photos I have going now have a 60-65 day flower the red Congolese autoflower I have going right now has a 65-75 day flower time

My apologies I see what you were saying. Since I brought up 1212 flip. Autos I just watch for little hairs instead of new leaves. Itll start producing buds at stretch. As a reference rather than a 1212 flip. A autos veg time varies so much, you can't go by that.
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-12-2022, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I also have two red congolese AF but I already cut them. They were just starting to turn amber so I hung them but they weren't in flower as long as you've stated. Maybe those came out to early, who knows. I have no basis for how good my grows turn out because I don't ever smoke it. I suppose those who get it from me for free aren't going to complain one way or another :-)

Comment

You bud wash those plants? Generally they do start to turn amber. You'll actually have alot of amber especially when you consider 15% of 100 million or however many trichomes there are. I dont even look at trichomes, anymore. All cannabis basically looks the same when ready. Swollen calyxes and receded pistils
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-12-2022, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Would you mind attaching a couple pics of your red Congo?

Comment

i bud wash all outdoor grown plants. the 4 bucket method, peroxide/lemon-baking soda/water/water. they come out so clean and smooth tasting, it's a must.

Comment

• GroBuddy
                GroBuddy commented
                Editing a comment
                I was trying to see if he bud washes because he grows outdoors but doesn't smoke it, he gives it all away. Forcing people unknowingly to smoke bug eggs and shit, dirt, unseen mold and mildew etc. I'm sure you can attest to there being plenty you can not see that bud washing removes.
                Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-13-2022, 11:36 AM.

Wont do you much good I'm not looking to harvest until Oct 1st or after, sprouted july 3rd. Mines still stretching, just starting bud production. You could show yours instead of sugar leaves so we could tell you how long.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20220807_175201.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	573418Click image for larger version  Name:	image_157054.jpg Views:	4 Size:	3.95 MB ID:	573415Click image for larger version  Name:	image_157197.jpg Views:	4 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	573416
              Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-13-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

mines not flowering yet either. shes stressing me out, LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

• 3Berries
                  3Berries commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you talk to them or play soothing music?

• GroBuddy
                  GroBuddy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That only works 9 outa 10 times acdc helps bud stacking

To be honest, I’m not familiar with bud washing. Sound like a practical step, just never gave it a thought.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X