Grow Update. 3 Plants, 3 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Update. 3 Plants, 3 Problems

Thinking from my 1st time growing last year with 6 plants now doing 3 this year would give less stress… NOPE!

Grow Info: Seedsman Gelat.OG, Blue Dream and Blueberry. 20Gal bags all outdoor in FF soil with FF trio nutrients as well as Cal-Mag and molasses. Located in Southern US so very hot and very very humid.

Up until about a week or 2 ago I had been under watering and not giving enough nutrients (not on purpose). But since then they get 4-5gal of water every day cause they do dry out with these temps and they get about 3-4gal of nutrients feeding twice a week based off the FF nutrient schedule but at 2/3rd strength. All 3 have different problems and wanted to see if I can get help in each.

Gelat.OG has had the least problems for me even with little yellowing but it has a few new bugs on it today I noticed (pic below). It is in its 2nd week of flowering with very small pistils and buds forming so I figured I couldn’t use my neem oil mixture on it. Any thoughts of a solution to help with pest during flowering time?

Blue Dream oh what a headache. It’s about 4-5weeks of flowering because for some odd reason it started earlier than the others. But since then it’s been yellowing constantly. And not the yellowing of end of flower but yellow leaves, brown dried leaves, etc. adjusted the nutrients twice thinking it was underfed but nothing has changed. At this point I’m ready to just let do what ever it wants unless I find a way to stop whatever is going on, any ideas?

Blueberry hasn’t given me many problems until recently with deficiencies popping up left and right. Like Blue Dream I’ve adjusted the watering and nutrient amounts but still no luck. Should I just keep doing what I’m doing with the feeding and let it ride?

sorry it’s so long, just want to finish out these last weeks strong and get to harvest day without anything drastic happening beyond my control.

Did you search, read up on main GWE site? Maybe Google image search the second to the last, leaf, pic?
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Mrnobody3
      Mrnobody3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely researched and read some posts from Nebula about different pest, didn’t see this one on the list. I’ll charcoal again today to see if they’re still there or a one off. The nutrients I’ll prob keep adjusting until I can find the right amount they like

Since they are stretching or have they used more nitrogen to grow that's what that yellowing appears to be nitrogen deficiency.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220812_003745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.1 KB ID:	573321 Click image for larger version  Name:	image_157160.jpg Views:	2 Size:	159.5 KB ID:	573320

This one could be potassium, but generally potassium browns edges and tips as well

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220812_003726.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	573323
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-12-2022, 03:15 AM.

Comment

They look damn good, good job man. I could imagine 6 of those would become quite laboring. Imo that's minor bump up the veg nutes until stretching is over or all that goes back green. Then I'd switch to tiger and big bloom. Look into beastie blooms, open sesame, and cha ching. Those large plants would benefit from that extra nutrients. If you stayed in 20 gallons I'd consider organics has to cost a boat load to feed them, and time consuming mixing nutrients and ph

Comment

• Mrnobody3
        Mrnobody3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Preciate that. Yes last year was a mess. Still a decent outcome for my first time but definitely not worth all the work lol. And I’ll look into those extra nutrients to add in for this flowering. And next year I am for sure switching it up from FF to organic. FF did me good but I’d rather do the work on the front in and just water and add what’s needed later.

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I run fox farms organically, and reuse it. If you have any questions in that regard just holler at me

My potassium issues show up as crispy edges on the top leaves in flower. Wood ash has been my short term fix.
      Last edited by 3Berries; 08-12-2022, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Mrnobody3
        Mrnobody3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow wood ash is the first time hearing of that. Will definitely be making a fire tonight then!

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Just be careful wood ash elevates soil ph. As it's a lime ( calcium ) as well. Also highly doubt that's phosphorus deficiency just thought I'd add that incase that's a future issue. Generally I'd just brew a tea from langbeinite diluted to 90-200ppms. Doesn't effect soil or soil ph. Growing organically I have to be more aware of what I add as I dont ph. So adding things thatll raise soil ph like wood ash or dolomite lime can mess up rhizosphere and microbial life. Growing with liquids ph is less of an issue as you're always phing everything
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-12-2022, 01:09 PM.

• 3Berries
        3Berries commented
        Editing a comment
        I only use a couple tablespoons at a time if needed. And be sure to get fresh dry wood ash.

Wood stoves and fireplaces are great for warming gardeners' chilly hands and feet, but what are we to do with the resulting ashes? Many gardening books advise throwing these ashes in the garden. Wood ash does have fertilizer value, the amount varying somewhat with the species of wood being used.

Generally, wood ash contains less than 10 percent potash, 1 percent phosphate and trace amounts of micro-nutrients such as iron, manganese, boron, copper and zinc. Trace amounts of heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, nickel and chromium also may be present. Wood ash does not contain nitrogen.

The largest component of wood ash (about 25 percent) is calcium carbonate, a common liming material that increases soil alkalinity. Wood ash has a very fine particle size, so it reacts rapidly and completely in the soil. Although small amounts of nutrients are applied with wood ash, the main effect is that of a liming agent.

This is a great example of potassium deficiency caused by low pH (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) soil. This does not show up until it starts flower. This is three weeks into flower and one week after the wood ash. I used maybe 6 tablespoons of wood ash over a week.

And the second pic is it's sister that was in Fox Farm Happy Frog and never had the issue though it has a bit of nute burn. It's one week behind the the one on the right. Click image for larger version

Name:	Recovered K def 3w flower.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	573371Click image for larger version

Name:	GDP3 2022 2&3 week flower FFHF vs FFOF.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	573372

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X