Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been years since I've grown & off to a yellow leaf start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been years since I've grown & off to a yellow leaf start...

White Widow AF from Nirvana (I ordered these before I took a grow hiatus. They were stored in a cool dark place) in happy frog potting soil with a handful of perlite in a Jiffy pot. Nothing else added. She's already yellowing a bit. Is it time to re-pot into a 3 gallon fabric pot of ocean forest? I'm using a HLG 100 V2 4000K Horticulture Lighting Group Quantum Board LED Grow Light Veg & Bloom inside a 2x2x5 tent. Average temp mid 70s average humidity 55-60%. I had a water bottle half as a mini greenhouse over the plant since I potted it. Now that I type this out, I'm starting to think the plant no longer needs to extra humidity and it's just too hot for it... but I'll let others weigh in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	297623208_768138081177643_8185442477991790620_n.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	573279Click image for larger version

Name:	298569792_433198258765862_5937952145942408195_n.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	573282
    Attached Files

You should add limestone for calcium maybe? I use calcium chloride for top or foliar feeding.

Comment

I would not transplant until the plant is much bigger, at least until more leaves have formed and are slightly bigger than the jiffy pot. I use fox farm myself and made the mistake of having such a tiny plant in the ocean forest before and that soil is packing way too much for it to handle. I would wait maybe 1-2 more weeks and the plant should be big enough then.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Berries
        You should add limestone for calcium maybe? I use calcium chloride for top or foliar feeding.
        Would a drop of CalMag do the trick? Just trying to work with what I have on hand

Originally posted by Mrnobody3
        I would wait maybe 1-2 more weeks and the plant should be big enough then.
        I will let it gain some size. I just can't figure out why it seems yellow so early on when I haven't used anything but potting soil and pH checked water

Comment

How old is the plant it's not 2wks old yet is it? You're in happy frog thatll feed a couple weeks atleast. The seedling uses up its seed casing before even starting in on soils organic matter. It's too young to be showing any deficiency. Imo just remove the dome, let it breath. As 3berries mentioned foliar feed would be good. Generally not on water days and before lights cut on in the am are when stomata's are most open for nutrient absorption. Also as mentioned the ocean forest those autos had about 50% happy frog on top at transplant, they were able to grow into ocean forest. Generally what I do with all transplants until photos go into final pot that's all Ocean forest with added worm castings, azomite and or rock dust.

3wk old autos in happy frog nothing else added. Only one not 3wk is the bent over one just wanted you to see size of pot about same size as yours. They all are germinated under a dome once they sprout I'll remove dome.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-12-2022, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X