Flowering with UVA question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering with UVA question

I have been growing for a few years. Have a question about a possible problem with my UVA use. I am running hlg650r boards with their UVA bar and have been for a bit. My current grow has been in 12/12 for almost 4 weeks and although stretching no flowers have appeared. This morning though I noticed my UVA bar timer which is separate from my other timer had gotten kicked and the little start stop pegs we’re all messed up causing the uva bar to kick on and off at random times. Could this small amount of uva coming on at random times prevent my plants from starting to flower. Thanks

My understanding of UVA is similar to black lights I use a UVB light bar in my grow. I would assume that light randomly going on and off would affect flowering. But I am just a hobbyist
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

I've tried UVA before with a weak set of poster LEDs. It wasn't worth it, but maybe a decent UVA bar from a grow light company will have an effect. I would definitely get all lights on the same timer. I use a clamp light for white light to work by in my 3x3 because the light panel is too harsh on my eyes to work by. The timer in there has two outlets on the left and right side, so the clamp light is plugged in there and not the power strip. This keeps me from screwing up a grow by forgetting to turn the white light off when I'm done - it goes out when the grow light does. Use a short extension cord if your timer has only one outlet. Check for signs of revegging. I hope there are none.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X