Seedling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling question

Can someone show me a photo of what a 3 week old seedling looks like that was started from a seed. I think I'm having some issues with my seedlings.

Look at my AK-47 at day 12. Remember they are autos.

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...as-gone-before
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmbuck. Yours looks a lot better then mine. I think I've been water them too much. I am also using last grow's soil. I send pics. later.

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Starting in used soil shouldnt be an issue unless you used a shit ton of liquid nutrients meaning salts. Starter soil doesn't require much, seedlings get everything from their seed case needed for up to 2 weeks. Only thing they need early is a good environment, small amounts of water, and to be left alone. I use a weak light to sprout so mine generally stay under a dome and wont get watered until like day 2 or 3 from sprout then just a table spoon of water. If I don't use a dome and stronger light may need a tablespoon daily. Once I have to water a tbls 2ce a day I'll water 2tbls so on and so forth until I'm watering pot to slight runoff daily then it's time for transplant.

The one in the red cup is auto the others are photos all from seed approx. 3wks from seed
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      I def. got a problem. I will see what I can do.

I just was harding them off for outdoor this summer. They were under a small t-5 from sprout. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Or just show yours bud and we'll work it out

Comment

Mixed Bag grow, finally some relief from ETS. 20220302_145536_resized.jpg The line up 20220303_144445.jpg The start

See post #10 and 11
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Well here they are.

Comment

Yea slightly over watering bud nothing major a little stunted. Let those cups weight feel like nothing before watering again. Then pick them back up and feel the water weight. Only water when light, they'll grow fine

nice green color they look healthy

Comment

They just look about a week off

then again may not be watering what kinda light do they get. That can effect growth speed. Also man tbh strain dependent some will grow fast while others sputter. Maybe nothing at all they look good imo
              Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-09-2022, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• kingfish
                kingfish commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a 6 tube T5 and there are Sour Diesel from Seedsman.

• GroBuddy
                GroBuddy commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldnt worry about it then man as long as your watering practices are okay as mentioned when light. I run a agrobrite 8 bulb t5 with eye hortilux power veg bulbs, plants do grow slower under those lights. T5 needs to do all but touch plants literally. 12inches away from light is all florescent is good for

Sorry haven't vegged in it for a little bit now only pic I have how close light is. But as long as leaves aren't touching tube you're good.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-10-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Why are they bent like that, are they sitting in water?

• GroBuddy
                GroBuddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Water from the bottom/ crop training instead of tying over lst its faster

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_157101.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	677.8 KB
ID:	573176 I have some at 3 weeks today. And feel this is a good start as opposed to the past. I just Fimmed them today. This time around I spouted the seed, then put in a small peat pot that I tore the bottom out of. This only lasted a day before the roots were out the bottom of that so I skipped the 16 oz cup and straight to a 5qt pot.

Last grow I was slacking on the transplanting and fell behind on two transplants. 16oz>5 qt>15qt So I've eliminated the 16 oz cup but replaced with a one day peat pot. I don't like putting the sprouted seed directly in a large pot like the 5 qt. But next grow I'll do a side by side.

These pics are after the Fimm. I took maybe 1/4"-3/8" off each.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GDP4 22 3 wk after fimm.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	573175

Comment

They always stand back up have to pinch daily rather do that than tie and keep adjusting ties. I dont train often when I do that's my preferred method. Also when done properly once healed itll leave a knuckle, as we all know those knuckles allow for more water and nutrients to be pulled and used for that growth
                Watering from the bottom helps fill the pot with no more water than the pot can take also helps root growth. since pots drying from top down allows roots to follow water source to bottom of pot

that auto getting transplanted is 21 days. ( 3 wks ) also the same one pictured above in previous response

With the water just dont let them sit in it for over 24hrs without removing from water and allowing to dry. You can waterlog roots by letting remain in constant water. did this to some strawberries from seed i started in those same pots. Almost took them out but finally started growing again. I make homemade wine hoping to make some fresh next year, small gallon batches. Damn lemon tree coming up in the strawberries tho need to remove..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-10-2022, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X