EC targets for coco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EC targets for coco

So just about to start my first ever coco grow. I'm gonna be using the Terra Aquatica 2-part nutrients, but they only give nutrient schedule in milliliters, what kind of ec-values should I be targeting? I'm growing autoflowers under a 200W qb led. The nutes have cal and mag in them, but should I still supplement with a dedicated Calmag product?

Thanks.

I'd keep calmag on hand because coco tends to hold on to it rather then let the plant uptake all of it. But that's not to say ull have to use it

Comment

i think its hard to just aim for a ec value because every set up its different and depending on the light intensity and plant size the requirements may be different. i grow outdoors in coco, i hand water everyday, plants get 10+ hours of sun everyday. i water at 1.4ec (siemens) but i think with a 200 watt light you may want to aim lower like 1ec and work your way up as needed

Comment

As a newbie I wouldn’t worry about that. Just try and grow some bud and learn how the plant grows. Personally, I’ve never once measured ec and have no issues but each to their own. Good luck

Comment

Aren't the EC numbers dependent of what part of the world you are in? I use ppm when mixing nutes and measuring runoff.

Comment

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I mean.

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's a thread explaining that. https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...veryone-ec-ppm

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            I just sent three PPM/TDS pens back. Bought off ebay for around $8 each. None agreed with each other or what I had. Sent them back for a refund and got an Apeara TDS 20 that you can calibrate.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X