Light leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light leak

How much light can begin to cause problems? The light from the ac unit or the dehumidifier enough to cause problems. I've heard this but I think of outdoors and the full moon puts much more light than the appliances. I've used black tape to cover lights in past . Just wandering if that is necessary. Thanks

I've never had a problem running units with lights.

never ran multiple units with lights.

Both humidifier and dehumidifier put off light one blue one green
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-07-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

A simple prophylaxis like tape over a light is easy enough to do and will ease your mind on the question. Without seeing how bright the lights are, it is hard to say. I've done it. Believe it or not, duct tape is lousy at blocking a power light. Takes many layers.
      I've had power strip lights next to a plant with no problem.
      Do the tape. Have a dab. You won't have a thing to worry about.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

So, I'm wondering if there is a specific level of light "intensity" that is required to trigger a reaction in a sleeping plant. Low level lights don't seem to bother them much.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            Howdy Bigripper121, I had problems with just the light that came thru the curtains from the streetlamp o the corner (two houses down). I put up some 'blackout' curtains and the plants are doing well in the dark. I think that the duration and band width (reds, blues, yellows, and u/v). As whether the full moon does or does not affect the plants cycle could be because the full moon occurs every 28 days and only lasts a few hours during the night. An indicator light is generally on 24/7. I keep all of the power strip lights covered up just to be sure.

I have 2 uncovered power strips in a 4x4. And one in a 3x3

Grow rooms are also blacked out... this should be done always. Imo
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-08-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X