Reason for these leaf spots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason for these leaf spots?

Hi guys. It’s been a while. I had to take a few months off but am happy to be back.

Today is day 20 from the first real leaves on my Sensi Seeds Northern Lights photo girl. First off, I’m fighting these droopy leaves. I’m pretty sure I’ve been overwatering, so I’m decreasing the frequency of my watering and doing better about scratching the surface of the soil to make sure it’s dry first. This is my first attempt at mainlining, and I just did the first topping and lollipopping two days ago.

My main question is about these leaf spots. Any opinions on what is causing this?

Sensi Seeds Northern Lights feminized photoperiod
    FFOF soil with Fox Farm Dirty Dozen nutrients
    Day 20 from first real leaves
    Black Dog LED PhytoMax-2 600, 615 watts from wall
    Indoor tent, temps low 70s at night, low 80s during day, standard 18/6 light schedule
    Attached Files

Bugs on the bottom side?

I like your stack of milk crates. If I had the room I'd do that and fill them with jugs of water as a heat sink..

Comment

3Berries thanks for the suggestion, I’ll take a look. I keep a small Vornado fan on top of the stack of milk crates to constantly blow air right under my light, it actually drops the canopy temperature by about 5 degrees.

Comment

3Berries just checked, no sign of bugs anywhere, including on the underside of the leaves, thank goodness!

Here’s some more pics, showing the fan setup and also my tying down of the two new mains for the mainlining.
        Attached Files

Comment

Rik Water has one of the highest heat capacities of any substance. it makes a great heat sink that will moderate the temps by slowly heating up and slowly cooling down. I have a couple of 22L oil drain jugs as the floor in my 2x4 tent. I think they make a smaller one that I can use in my veg tent if I get a couple.

Click image for larger version

Name:	820c0c83-54be-4aaa-b734-51c74bffe09f_1.077867956b3d3281db89de4b039a1c5f.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	572928

Comment

Looks over fed and magnesium just nitrogen making them so dark it's harder to identify might be calcium but the consistent location between veins makes me believe magnesium

Always water by pot weight not top few inches if unsure get a second pot fill it with dry dirt and water when plant pot matches dry dirt pot weight

Theres roots and environment ( evaporation) towards the top. None in the bottom until you have a well developed root system watering when tops dry without a weight can leave bottom consistantly wet which will slow growth and hinder plant leading to eventual death
            Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-07-2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Are you feeding nutrients in ocean forest final pot wont need food for about 6 wks. When transplanting upotting is all that's needed no food until in final pot for a month. When you transplant you put a larger plant in a larger pot which can sustain more water. When you start in final pot you use small amounts of water in a large pot that increases the amount of time that pot will feed. In organic soil like ocean forest it has to remain slightly moist for the rhizosphere and microbes to work properly breaking down organic matter for plant food. If you have a small plant not getting alot of water the majority of your pot is dormant, until it becomes and stays moist, in order to do that you need roots occupying that area. Early it's best to let the pot get almost bone dry and water from the bottom. When soil is dry roots will stretch out looking for water. You're in final pot you can't water from bottom just something to think about in the future. On second thought I guess you could but probably wouldnt need watered again for about a week, or more.
              Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-07-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Also only a opinion but that's too much wattage for one plant this early, unless its dimmable. I'll use 180watts in a 4x4 for 5 plants lasting about 3 wks to a month before increasing to 360 then finishing off at 540. Generally only need about 100 to 150 watts max per plant. For flower not veg much much less for veg. Less light wattage would save you money and lower your heat

Comment

Hi Rik
                  How ya doing man?! I wouldn't worry too much about those spots. Keep an eye on them, see if they spread. I have noticed that some of the first leaves, like they are sometimes get "war wounds" as they emerge that mark the leaf surface. The spots grow in size as the leaf grows. Keep an eye on it. If you haven't obtained a copy of BU2B guide of how to grow a pound per plant (PPP) I suggest you search in here and get a copy. It will be a great guide for you to have for the manifold. Good luck!
                  Last edited by JeffInCanada; 08-09-2022, 07:11 PM.
                  Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
                  I like weed and science.

Comment

• Rik
                    Rik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JeffInCanada what’s up dude? Thanks for the advice. You’re right, I’ve been watching it and it hasn’t spread. I’m not too worried anymore but I’ll keep an eye on it. I’m excited to mainline, it really plays to my growing style.
                    Last edited by Rik; 08-08-2022, 04:09 PM.

Those have 9 fingers they aren't first leaves

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. That’s right, those are the leaves from the third node. Using the mainlining guide from the main site, I waited until she had 6 nodes and then topped down to the third and lollipopped under the third. Here’s what she looked like right before the operation.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great looking plant Rik enjoy the grow

• Rik
                      Rik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you SoOrbudgal

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X