Drying in the grow space?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying in the grow space?

Are there any ingenious ways to dry bud in the same space and at the same time as you grow the next generation there? Was thinking about a perpetual autoflower grow, but I only have one tent to do everything in.

As long as the lights are off, the RH and temp is controlled, light hurts THC as does heat, high RH will cause bud rot.

Comment

I don't get why you'd dry weed in a active tent? I'm guessing smell but who cares can't hide it completly the smell. Get a couple of large cardboard boxes poke holes in it hang them in there.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• transcend
        transcend commented
        Editing a comment
        I did this on a partial harvest - cut the tops and dried then in boxes (stabbed a bunch of holes with a screwdriver) hanging in the tent while the lower bud sites finished ripening. It worked all right; the holes in the boxes allow a bit of gentle airflow without much light getting through. I'm not sure how it'd go if you're trying to dry with a new generation vegging though because of the higher RH required in veg..

Yeah, the smell is the problem...

Comment

Only way this may work is if you had a chambered tent for propagation.

https://smile.amazon.com/OPULENT-SYS...2-63e904010ad0

However I'd imagine the temp and humidity would be hard to control. Be easier to just get a cheap 2x2 tent, small extraction fan, small clip fan and humidifier. Ink birds come in handy here for humidity control.

Drying is one of the last and most important parts of the grow. Terpenes and potency can still deteriorate at this point. Once plants are chopped preservation becomes key

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X