Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here ... what am I looking at??

Howdy fellow greeners ...

So, what I thought were auto-flowering seeds turns out not to be. I switched to 12/12 lighting a week ago and this is what I now have growing in my tent (which I'm going to have to modify because the plants have run out of room!).

As you'll see in the pics, we are FINALLY in flowering stage (now about 120 days into this), but I'm a bit confused ... do these buds in the making look "normal?"

I see a bunch of flowering entities on thick stems ... is this what each bud will be or is EACH a separate bud? I don't have the lingo so I hope this makes sense! lol :-)

So ... what do you see in the pics? How do they look? And ... what do I need to do next??

Doing my best knowing that I don't know what I'm doing! :-)

- Carl

Welcome weed hopper each one on either side of stem/stalk creates a bud cottonball when finished. From about 6" upward on main stalk will create one long what we call " cola " on each tip will be the same cottonball but bigger longer. That looks sativa more so she's big and lanky. Just study the helpful post on here don't try too hard first time but look at the other grows posted, you've got this far she'll slow down growing tall real soon.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Stacking and growing buds all over, looking good for your first. Just be sure to try to tuck fan leaves so that the lower flowers get enough light. Read about defoliating for the future. And maybe a little training so they get the necessary light.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I hope my plants look so good. If you have not already, look around here for advice on using your lights to turn on your buds.

Comment

Good job, bud

Comment

When they start flowering the middles seen from the top look like the middle of a daisy or some such, with the white stamens. As they keep growing new bud packets they just kind of stack and grow together to make the buds we're used to buying, hopefully long, thick and firm. On my first grow, being a visual person, I couldn't picture it until I watched it happen, if that's part of what you're wondering. I know I wondered. You've done well, watch your leaves, and enjoy the rest of the ride.
            Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
            Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
            Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
            Various size fabric grow bags
            Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
            4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
            Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X