Planning my stealth grow,need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning my stealth grow,need help

I haven't grown cannabis in a few years, but now I got some extra money that allows me to build a stealth grow cabinet and I would need to make some long term plans for how to set things up.

My grow space is gonnabe about 1.5 x 2.5 feet and a little under 6 feet in height. I already have a Spiderfarmer SF2000 qb 200W light. I used to grow only in organic super soil kind of soil mixes, but now I'm thinking of going Hempy buckets-style (hydro pebbles and coco), because heaving all that soil around is just not viable anymore. But I don't know much about hydro/coco growing so that is going to be a learning curve.

Firstly I would need advice about which affordable nutrients to use? Then I can't seem to make up my mind whether I should do autos or regular plants? If I can fit two 3- gallon Hempy buckets in my space, which option would be faster? I would really like to have a relatively fast turnaround time, I don't want to/ I can't do two month vegs followed by three months of flowering.

I'm thinking will the autos get too tall for my space? I'm thinking would regular seeds 12/12 from seed be an option, with a bigger number of smaller pots? Or 2-3 weeks veg and then 12/12... I guess a scrog would be best for my space but that takes time to get it right. I've seen people get huge yields from compact sized autos, but how do you pull that off? Is it about keeping them in small enough pots?

It's a lot of rambling I know but any ideas and tips are most welcome!!

I do not use hydro of any kind i'm just a soil grower. If i had to choose types of plants i'd go auto for quick turn around. But sounds like your experienced with DWC and from what i've heard an seen it's faster also for photos. You could do 12/12 after a month lower yields do to smaller plants but your head space is limited gotta train them down. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You may be able to fit an Earth Box in that space. It's ideal for living soil or other kinds of organic grows. Better grow shops in your area (if you're lucky enough to have any) will stock pre-mixed soil that will work fine. In fact, I bought one for my wife to grow greens. We loaded it up with Happy Frog and the spinach she planted just went nuts! She just reamends with worm castings and a organic dry mixes and it keeps on producing. I switched to living soil for my weed this year and I'm never going back to hydro because the quality of the flower is just too significantly better than anything I grew before. Good luck!
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I'll address the seed, if you go photo, use only quality feminized seed, no room for a male/hermie here. I would veg them for 3-5 weeks then flip to 12/12s (from 18/6), do read up on the seed/strain/hybrid for size flowering times, etc.. I would try to keep the planed harvest timed so all are ready at the same time. Maybe start more a week or 3 before harvest.
        Autos, again feminized seeds, but with these ladies well read up, some autos only get 18" tall while others can get 4'+ tall. Some autos finish in 56 days (per breeder) while those big girls can take 120+ days. Some start flowering at 3-5 weeks while some of those large girls take 5-8 weeks to start. Most run these at 20/4 (or even 24/0), they can be ran shorter but may affect final output.
        IMHO photos can be grown cheaper than autos because they need less electricity.

Comment

Smell gave my grow closet away as I had a particularly aromatic stain. I moved to a tent by a window so I could exhaust the scent outdoors. I imagine that even if you pick a low oder strain you will need to account for that.
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Satyaban
            Satyaban commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a charcoal filter on the vent but still get some smell from the soil when I remove my plants from the tent for this or that. It's the hot soil more than the Ocean Forest that adds to the smell. I shall welcome the smell from buds.

Anyone use an electro static filter for the odor? I have an old one on my furnace I've used for decades and it takes just about all odors and particles out of the air. No restriction to speak of as it's an electric grid.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X