Cap the potency of pot (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap the potency of pot (link)

Chronic vomiting, psychosis, addiction and increased anxiety and depression follow from the regular use of high-potency marijuana in teenagers.

I disagree with most of this article, and limits on our girls THC content. What say all y'all?

Blah, blah, blah, Just more noise from useless, uninformed politicians. They want to "legalize" it, then dump unreasonable, unworkable, and unenforceable regulations on it. Just make it legal and keep your rotten corrupt mitts out of it completely.

Idk where they got their stash back in the day, but I have to question the less than 2% potency they quoted.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with all of that! But this is the shit we are facing.

USA Today? Who died and made them experts on cannabis? On the next page, there's an article about witches that need to be burned at the stake. They have my permission to fuck off, pardon my french.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

The best weed I have ever smoked was colas from Oaxaca in the mid seventies, the stuff was super with great taste. I have also smoked excellent weed from S.Korea in 1971 and I would be remiss to not mention Colombian and Jamaican that were exceptional. I don't think the best today is better than those. You know it's a bit like baseball, now they measure bat speed, spin rate, exit speed and stuff but has there ever been a better hitter than Ted Williams, 3rd baseman better than Brooks Robinson, or pitcher like Tom Seaver?
    Last edited by Satyaban; 08-05-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      Illinois wanted to DNA trace all legal weed at one time. They gave up because they can barely get anything done as it is.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      3Berries I have saved a bit of my best sleeping-pill street weed and my best street pain weed. If I could ever learn it's genetics I'd go on a hunt.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Satyaban The Jamaican was a one-time, two couples went on vacation, the two girls each brought in a bag. The good, real Hawaiian was shared from my downstairs apt neighbor in the late 70's. Columbian that I got came from the south, through like TN or Southern IL, not down from Chicago, and it was nice. .Whatever I got that came from the suburbs was good. My first sinsemilla was one long trimmed cola in a Ziploc, some small spaced out little red & green buds and bigger ones on the end. It was true one-hit weed. I later learned it was grown outdoors in Chicago ~1979. I heard something about FL limiting %. Go figure. The black market will be selling better weed than the dispos.

Do other states be it legal recreational or medical have limits? The states are in it for the money, if the higher % cost more the state would realize more tax revenue. The prices are aligned that way here, that is the best here is at $60 an 1/8th.
    I don't know what they are but I am sure my state has onerous demands placed on the industry for accountability. I wouldn't mind a more liquor store like set up here and forget the medical nonsense and now that I have had the experience I much prefer knowing what the THC is as opposed to learning how good it was before I smoked it.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know about rec but my medical card lets me buy the equivalent to 2.5 ounces every two weeks. As if. Med tax here is 1%, rec tax is over 15% plus some jurisdictions or municipalities get their hands on more tax for rec also. Brutal but that line is always busy whenever I make a run. They usually only service one med pt. at a time, there are sometimes 4-5 ppl servicing rec customers. They had 5 workers call in sick today. It's a much smaller 'city', nothing is closer or in my county. I just get irate that popular, beloved, great strains are rarely on the menu, after spending years finding what works best.

• Satyaban
      Satyaban commented
      Editing a comment
      Puglover, are you saying your state differentiates between med and rec dispensations? Here we pay annual fees for recertification and another fee every three years for a new card. I don't want to mention numbers but they are high for some of us who live from paycheck to paycheck, or retirement check in my case. Hell, I get a veteran's discount at the disp. and there is no sales tax, I never noticed any, but the growers and the industry pay fees for permits. It all boils down to the 35% 8ths cost me around $48.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Satyaban They have medical and rec menus, one side of the area is for med, the other half of the room is for rec. I don't know anymore if prices or quantity limits are the same, I haven't looked lately. Medicine in IL has a 1% sales tax - pharmacy or farmacy. One dispo gives disabled ppl a discount, both give veterans 15%. I couldn't have been a veteran bc of my rare disease, and I have less income. Every generation including my brother and mother served. Med card was $100/year but since I'm SS age now it's $50/year whether you buy 1, 2 or 3 years at a time. Caregiver card is $25/year, so they can go make a run for you. Premium 1/8ths are $60, 65, 70 without a sale. Concentrates cost up to $90/gram. It's gross.

IF they do this cap, I'll still grow whatever I want!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Fuckin A right. Nobody's fucking w/ my grows, or me buying the seeds I want.

We only have med here, My state could be identified if I mentioned to much about rates and I still practice a few habits from a different time, but the highest $ for an eighth I have was $ and that was unusual. Last week I bought 2 eighths, a 5 joint pack, a half gr. of vape, and a gr. of bubble hash for $273 with discounts. Some dispensaries offer loyalty points which can really accumulate.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's more than here after discounts, not lowballing either, regular prices on average. Unfortunately I have to jump on sales but gas is negating the deals. If I make a vet appt then it's a stop on the way home. Pug goes in the dispo with me.

• Satyaban
      Satyaban commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot, Imagine that, I also should have included the edibles that listed for $70.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I think those prices are awesome, I don't think I can beat them growing at home with increasing energy expenses.

Here are some prices:
    Big Thai 27% $30
    Poochie Love 36% $50
    Durban Poison 24% $25
    Cart
    Jack Herer 86% $45 1g
    GCS 83% $35 1/2g

Bubble hash 66% $60 1g

The Poochie Love is down to $50 1/8 I have seen it as high as $65.
    Poochie Love is what I have been smoking for months and I have not tired of it. I smoke more than ever because it is my main pain reliever, Poochie Love has been consistent so I stick with it along with a vape and bubble hash.
    Where I live there is no sales tax on food or medicine so I don't think there is a sales tax on it, I know it is bad but I don't read many receipts unless I am surprised by a total. I do wish I could buy it by 1/2 ounce and save but they don't do that.
    To return to the topic, If there were to be a cap and roll back on THC levels in my state don't stand between me and the onion.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They've finally started selling ounces here but I'm low on funds right now. Those are prices above are all better than here, except they just started selling bubble hash, it's $50/gr. Tell me about Big Thai? Wild Thai, supposed sativa landrace, is my pain strain but I can't find it. I was growing it, got really sick, the grow thirsted to death. I need to start over but it'll take a while before I can use it. I keep trying other sativas but none help me the same.

I think they should cap the limit of THC in the same way they have done for alcohol- when it reaches a natural cap of 100%, that’s enough 😇 Then just like with that life ruining, car crashing, health destroying socially acceptable drug alcohol, you can pick your own strength Anything from giggles to sleeping and no life wrecks!

We are talking politicians here so the fact of the matter is once they pull their heads out for a good breath and the lifers die off, we will likely be darn close to 100% already before ANYTHING happens on a federal level. We are talking the people who patented a plant process for medical purposes and then still have the audacity to say it has NO medical properties and incarcerate it’s citizens for possession of that product. BS IMHO

I don’t think it’s anything to lose sleep over.
    Last edited by BU2B; 08-17-2022, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Satyaban
      Satyaban commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to tread lightly because we may have all types here on this forum, but there are some states I wouldn't visit or move to if they gave smoke away. When politicians saw the money that was all they needed to know to change laws. It has nothing to do with medicine or freedom, only $$$. I don't understand how growing a rather wild plant can be illegal either.

As Jack Herer wrote so long ago, the emperor has no clothes on: the hypocrisy and ulterior motives (riches always mattered far more than freedom) that have always driven the US continue to do so today. It's not difficult at all to understand what's going on with the politicians and everyone else involved in these huge health scams that seem to structure Amurican life anymore--all of the reasons why US population is getting sicker and sicker, more and more obese, more addicted to opioids... And all this stink over cannabis? Puh leese. It's too obvious for anyone with open eyes--but who's not in a zombie state in front of the tv eating junk food--that this culture is allowing its psychotic, reality-denying impulses to rule. For what? For profits, as always. Not for peoples' health.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X