Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Browning leafs on one side of plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Some Browning leafs on one side of plant.

Hello, first time grow here. I started this seed inside in May and moved it outside in mid April. The plant grew without issue until about a month ago. It’s currently in a 5 gallon pot with regular potting soil. I was giving it regular water from my tap and about a month ago started noticing some browning on some of the leaf edges. I posted a pic here in another forum and was advised to add a calcium supplement to the water. I put a calcium/ magnesium additive to the water and fed her. The browning on the edges has stopped, but now I have some
    portions of the plant that the leafs appear to be dying. The issue is on one side of the plant only, and on the lower branches on that side. I do rotate the plant on the deck, it sees full sun from sunrise to sundown, does it need some shade is it getting too much sun or maybe a bigger pot? Thanks for the help.

Looks like a water burn, was something sprayed on it?

Comment

No, nothing sprayed on it that im aware of. It’s up on a second story deck so my sprinklers can’t reach it either.

Comment

That many leaves outdoors cant be concerned over several dying leaves. If you haven't fed, feed if you've fed check soils ph for nutrient availability

Comment

Just noticed your medium, could be water logged and recieving root damage medium should be well aerated, perlite or pumice. If I'm using throw away soil I prefer perlite if I'm using no till or reusing soil I prefer pumice. Perlite can float to the top of medium over time and countless waterings. I let that dry well really only need a small amount once or twice a day no need to water entire pot every other or few days unless its heavy from water weight smaller amounts will seep and remain moist not logged. Once completely dry and watered again I'd use a peroxide root drench to try and stave off any root rot if you think this could be of concern. Just a observation
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 07-28-2022, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I am on my first grow, in modern times, and learning as I grow. That was an awful pun but I'll keep it. You mentioned you used regular potting soil, did you add nutrients when you filled your pots or did you go another route? I did the fill the bottom third with a super soil and the final 2/3 potting soil thing and could not need another feeding. Anyway that stuff came in my kit and may use something different next time. My partner mentioned that changing light sources could be harmful but I have also heard that finishing in sunlight is good so perhaps we will get more opinions on that. Good growing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X