Blasted bugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasted bugs!

I go out and find a limb just kinda hanging there, dead/wilted area where it has fallen. First 2 I cut off and opened to find a bore worm, this time I took a pic. These are not like what I had last year, much larger and go far down the limb fast leaving the limb full of poo. I find no entry hole as I did with the hemp borers, first sign is the end of the limb is pointing down (maybe a blue pill? LOL) with the wilted spot.
    Anyone else seeing these?

That is nasty looking. The local university here has an entomology dept that does free identification. Is there something like that in your area?
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure there is, but it's a bore worm, looks like I have at least 3 types.

Dang that is nasty looking
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      IF I find another I'll snap a pic before I remove it. Just from the look of it I knew I must diagnose it.

Kill it with fire.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I smashed them!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        SUPER YUCK!!! Gross bugs!!!

I assume you live in the states...Go buy some real insecticide and spay them....I now live in Canada and we do not have access to good chemicals....Maybe search for worms or caterpillars pest effecting other plants like roses ect..you might find some relevant information...probably not much when you search for weed pest..

Since you have had this issue before, it would be a good thing to at least identify the problem....

Good luck with your research and growing...

Comment

changeofpace2014 First I grow organic, I dont use chemicals on anything. These are the same bore worms you find in dead pecan trees, I saw the black wasp looking thing flying around them and did not think anything about it, then limbs start dropping. I do use ladybugs, praying mantis etc..
        Be safe!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X