Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Question re nutes when switching to flower

Hey all,

Just wondering how everyone approaches their feeding schedule when moving from veg to flowering.

On my first grow I just switched straight from veg to bloom nutrients the day I went to 12/12, but I was thinking it might be better to combine the two during the transition (until pistils appear maybe?) so the plant still has some veg nutes to power the stretch.
    Makes sense in my head, or am I just overthinking it? (I have a tendency to analyse sometimes unnecessary things haha)
    2.5x2.5x6' tent
    2x 55w COB veg, 400w HPS flower
    Coco/perlite with mycorrhizal mix in fabric bags
    2-part base nutes + veg/bloom boosts, bud boost, calmag
    Carbon filter/exhaust, 6" oscillating fan, usb static fan
    Gear and controllers for heat/humitidy used as needed

Strain unknown

Hi transcend: gwe.com will answer all those questions.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I always continue feeding abit of N throughout flower. Having said that i do swith over to bloom nutes which i use sparingly but that's just me once i see tiny budlets form on the tips. I tend to let the plant canabalize itself use it's stored energy until i see it could use some outside help with teas. You must gather info and test yourself an plants as EVERYONE is not the same when timing and using boosters. But read and watch you'll figure it out don't let others get into your head.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I just use (Fox Farms) Big Bloom and Grow Big for the 1st 8 weeks, every other watering. Then transition week I use the previous PLUS I add Tiger Bloom and 1/4 tsp of Open Sesame. After that in flower I just use Big Bloom, throw in 1 tsp of Grow Big only twice in between watering with Big Bloom AND Open Sesame. Then from there I only use Beastie Bloomz for 3 feedings, then Cha Ching just before harvest. Never had any issues.

Comment

When I was new and guessing my way through it, I discovered the GWE nutrient guide like alltatup said. It put me back on track, use it.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X