Jack Herer Auto Fem outdoor grow, is it ready to harvest? w/pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Jack Herer Auto Fem outdoor grow, is it ready to harvest? w/pics

GHSC Jack Herer Auto Fem in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil.
    On day ~86, still feeding nutrients (Espoma Organic Orchid Bloom Booster, 1-3-1).
    I've been holding off the chop for the last week, pictures are from today.
    Should I delay the harvest any longer? I'm not looking for any couch-lock effect, I want the sativa high.

Hi there:

https://www.growweedeasy.com/ready-for-harvest-pictures This is a very helpful article.

Use a good loupe to look at trichomes: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...chomes-clearly
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the suggestion, I do need help on up-close trichome inspection. I'll have a loupe for my next grow.

Hi NTXauto,.

Nice Looking Plant!....

I cant say Whether your plant is ready for Harvest, for 'Your' desired Effects & Flavor...

Though, I do have a couple questions w/ hopefully relevant interests..

I Do understand your Desire for - Not couch-lock effects.., that is considered Common, w/ a Longer Extended Harvest time,, (among other things).. including, amber Trichomes)

From what 'I' see (w/ the Camera magnification feature), the 'Trichome hairs' on your plant, Some appear to be fairly Developed,, some still a bit Thin..... though some Are developing a ball/mushroom Head!... mho
    THOUGH, what is difficult to detect, (for me) is the Trichome density, as in 'Clear' or 'Milky' color.. ..(at Least on 'My' Computer. (though I have large HD 4k monitor and good video card)..

It appears to me, Not too many pistils on your buds have darkened and curled inwards yet (my quess again).
    *** fwiw..... (I ALSO have Two Plants, that are VERY CLOSE to Harvest too,, mine have a bit MORE Brown Pistols than yours,, (rough guess on mine, maybe 25% browning).

* My Question, Do you have a way to Verify (other than Camera Magnifications) the on-going 'Development' of the Trichomes, with Higher-Power Loupe's or a Microscope, on your plant?

*The Reason I ask is,, When I look at the Pistols on your plant, w (w/ camera magnification), they 'appear' milky-colored..
    I Believe it is Very Difficult to Determine, because of the Camera and computer Resolution..

As in,, I have a decent Nikon megapixel camera, and the 'Pistol's' on * MINE look ALL CLOUDY *too..
    THOUGH,
    when I Look through my 'Bausch & Lomb' Loupe's, at My buds.. The Pistol's & Heads, on "MY" plant, Trichomes look VERY CLEAR & Translucent! (which seem to Indicate to Me, I got a bit Longer, (but Not Much longer), to start my Harvest too.)

I have 10, 14 & 20 Power Loupe's, and looking through these, Pistols are Very Clear.. fwtw..
    (I know Amazon carries some Good Microscopes, some w/ 7" or 10" Screen, & SD card capability ), I do hope to get one, sometime soon.

I am of the Same expectations, also, looking for some (maybe 50% milky pistols.

Hope you will let me/us know, what you find, as you near Your Harvest Day..

Sorry for long wordy post.
    All the best, AgedPassion

Comment

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I appreciate your experience with your plants. It's hard for me to be certain that all of my trichomes are milky white, yes, I evidently need a loupe!
      Last edited by NTXauto; 07-26-2022, 09:07 AM.

IMHO you should still wait. looks like shes still fattening up with new pistils of regular growth. new pistils look like they're till popping out. trichome check would make sure.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I'm going to tough it out and wait longer. Battling 100* - 110* F every day is a bit challenging. I've done what I can to stack the deck in my favor on this grow.

Doesn't look quite ready, but when I am in doubt, I will snip a bud, dry it, and try it. I find that the need for a proper cure is greatly reduced with a dry-herb vape pen since the harshness is eliminated by the controlled temperature. I still recommend properly curing at harvest for the best terp profile but if you are worried about harvesting too soon, this is a good way to put your concerns at ease.

Comment

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried a small sample about 5 days ago, it was not ready then. I've got a HyLid for one of my mason jars and some Grove bags on hand for the cure, I'm going to try both methods of curing just for fun.

Long way to go in my view
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I'm going to delay a few more days. I do want to maximize my success for my first grow!!

About 3 wks away. It gets 120° here it deteriorates some trichomes but the bud is still good. You're growing a sativa in summer you should be fine.

Comment

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      It's an eye-opener to see this plant thriving with the heat, it is a challenge. Local Weather Underground station I use shows history of every day in July, except one, over 100* F, with seven days over 110* F.

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      As long as if you're growing in pots those pots are lifted off the ground, and watered regularly shouldnt be any issues if you can keep pests at bay. I'll do autos perpetually outdoors only bringing them in when temperatures dip below 36°F any other time direct sunlight unless acclimating into direct sunlight. I like using caddies to lift pots off ground and pot elevators to allow air to circulate around pot. Cloth fabric pots do better during summer plastic gets really hot. You may find this useless information, just what I picked up along the way.

• NTXauto
      NTXauto commented
      Editing a comment
      GroBuddy - thanks for the info on outdoor temps for autos. My 2nd grow is projected to be finished by Oct. 31, first week of November at the latest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X