Big Bazooka the "stretch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bazooka the "stretch"

12 days since I switched to 12/12. I can't believe how these girls are growing! I'm guessing over a foot already!
    3 Big Bazooka fem
    3 gal smart pots
    coco/perlite
    8' w X 3' d X 7' h grow room
    2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Expect this to happen! When in flower after transition you will not believe how fast they will stretch to get maximum output from the bud sites up to about week 5-6 then after that they stop stretching. I have to move my lights up daily 3 chain links at a time = about an inch in height. I am currently into week 1 of flower and mine have grown 3 inches in heigh so far...

Comment

Looks great purpleman! The one recommendation I would give is to upgrade your lights. Notice how all of the leaves looks like they’re stretching toward the light, they’re hungry for light. Remember that light makes your plant grow, nutes gives it the energy to do so.

Comment

Agree that a better quality of light will allow you keep them a more manageable size. The node spacing on your colas are about a foot apart, that’s a sign of them stretching. You’re gonna need to supercrop them unless you want to fry the tops

Comment

I don't know if your light goes any higher but they look like my 1st grow, headed for the attic. Looks like training is needed soon.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

yeah Puglover1 they go a couple more feet higher, so hopefully I won't run out of room!
          3 Big Bazooka fem
          3 gal smart pots
          coco/perlite
          2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

I don't use LEDs as these run on the hot side and must be kept further away to prevent burning, I use t8 fluorescent tubes which allows me to keep my lights 3 inches from the tops of plants. But when I am in flower I increase the distance as to mimic the sun as it would be in fall. 6800k for veg, 2700k for flower. My 2 cents worth.

Comment

NuggetMan I have a pretty small area to keep concealed. Thanks so much for your advice! I'm sure I could do better with a better set up. They are growing 3" every 2 days. If I get a better situation to grow, I'm gonna be upgrading my lights. Hoping for 8 oz from these 3 plants...that'll last me a good while.
              3 Big Bazooka fem
              3 gal smart pots
              coco/perlite
              2 Vipaspectra 450w LEDs

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X