Need a little help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help?

July 20 will be 8 weeks of budding, How do I know if it is time to cut and hang. buds are looking good but I think they maybe a little longer.

What you got? Indica, Sativa, Hybrid? Trichomes rule the time to pick. Get a usb microscope this takes the guess work away. You will not achieve 100% (Just the way the plant does it's thing) white but as close as you can get and yes you will still have some clear but not as much if you want uplifting buzz but if you want couchlock start looking for amber over 10% + more cbd/cbn than thc or "medicinal weed". I pick mine when the 1st sign of "tea color" shows on my trichomes, I don't wait as I do not care for sleepy weed during the day. Are you indoor or outdoor? soil or hydro? This also makes a difference when you harvest. Hope this helps...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep those glassy clear trichs are no good, you want all milky at the very least. Get a scope learnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Howdy rwritt3, some photos of the buds and trichomes (a close up) would be very helpful in order to determine whether or not that the buds are ready to harvest or not.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I totally agree with nuggetman. I do the same and produce some killer weed.

Comment

Food for thought: I have gone thru this myself and there have been times where I just went and cut the girl down from 8 weeks to 8 weeks 3 days and went from there with just looking at how much white I had. The result was excellent. There have been other times I went for "the windows to harvest", some was great, some was ok probably would have been better IF I had chopped them down earlier! And doing both kinds of cannabis, it (my opinion) doesn't matter if Sativa or Indica, trichomes rule, you have to decide on the buzz you want.

My last grow I picked at 4 different times 1 at 8 wks, 1 at 8 wks 3 days, 1 at 9 wks and lastly 1 at 10 wks. The results: #1 at 8 wks, #4 at 10 wks, #2 at 8 wks 3 days, #3 at 9 wks, from best to o.k. and these were not the greatest seeds to start with, over 20 years old!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X