Hemorphidite or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hemorphidite or Not

Have you ever seen buds like this? Is this normal or is it hemorphidite? Sour Diesel strain. Thoughts? New strain to us and it's just looking odd. About 63 days into flowering stage.

Fox tails, not hermie.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, foxtails. Not a problem, just a 'last ditch' effort by the plant to reproduce (I have found that the foxtails are very potent!)

Yo dude, I've ended up with similar bud structure when i grew Pineapple Poison from SSSC - all 3 plants of it did hermie, although i don't think the hermie aspect caused the poor bud structure; i think both were just separate symptoms of overall weak genetics. I've seen plants hermie before that turn out looking amazing - double check all buds for any yellow bananas though i suspect yours may be more about genetics. I've also seen similar with a Chocolate Haze from RQS that didn't hermie but got stressed as hell!

Also with foxtailing, bud that naturally does it will still look awesome & there'll still be a certain density & solidness to the structure - when it starts foxtailing but looking wispy or feeling light then it's something different imo. The way to tell (and what i suspect I'm seeing in your pics) is that it keeps pushing out new growth without finishing off the last lot of new growth, and it all just ends up looking underdeveloped. Another indicator i noticed was that trichome distribution is very sparse and they're spaced out more like nodules sticking up independently, rather than it being a smooth forest like covering of trichs. Apologies if I'm not reading your pics properly & this doesn't apply!

As mentioned, all these effects can easily be caused by stress or bad environment, and i have also read only about heavy feeding strains doing this if they're underfed or in deficiency, though if you're experienced enough already, then i would suspect it's most likely you just got bad/weak genetics in this seed batch.

Comment

Sativas are know to fox tail, nothing wrong with it, just in its genetics to do this. Increased by heat stress, fox tail in a bowl has been a good fit.

Comment

I've never heard of foxtailing but will be sure to read up on that. Thank you both for your input.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X