Yellowing leaves and brown spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves and brown spots

I am a new grower. Starting two varieties. Blue Cheese and CBD Kush. The Blue Cheese has developed brown spots on the lowest leaves and then brown tips on the next set up. The brown spots do not leave any residue when touched so I don't think it is rust. Not sure if maybe I overwatered causing nutrient lockout or if it is nutrient burn. I am using a seed starter soil that is supposedly for starting cannabis, though I read even sometimes they can be too hot. Been struggling to get some decent humidity in my tent as well. Am using a humidifier now but it just doesn't seem to be doing it. Getting a different one ordered today. I have backed off on the watering and so far the newer leaves seem ok. The soil used is Coast of Maine seed starter. They are in a 3x3 grow tent under LED lighting. There has been a recent problem with soil gnats (hateful little buggers) and I have added sticky traps. Advice would be very much appreciated.

Gnats and over watering go hand in hand, also looks like PH issues. add sand over the top and keep it dry, add a fan so they cant land, let the soil dry a bit, learn how much each pot weighs when wet and dry.
    Peat has a PH of ~3.5
    more info needed.

Comment

I was thinking that the gnats were an indication of too much water. I have ph test strips on order. Will try your suggestions. What type of additional info do you need? Wondering why you mention the ph of peat? Thanks so much for the input Rwise.

Comment

The pot "looks" like peat, I could be wrong.
        Add any perlite?
        How low does the RH drop? They do like some humidity in veg, but not so much in flower.
        Actual watts of the LED?
        How far from the plant is it?
        I am sure when I wake up I missed something.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X