week 9 complete, still waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

week 9 complete, still waiting

Hello my friends, still waiting for my Afgoo girls to muture. flipped to 12/12 on May 1. the seed bank lists 56-60 days flower time. maybe I'll give them one more week, but its gettin hot here, and I have to run the AC 24/7.in my grow room. i'm sure they will be worth the extra time!
    Attached Files

Looking good dude! javabob
    personally I m sticking to 24/7 for my autos, but I get it, the heats always an issue.
    Love to see what you end up with, you're making me wonder if I'm wasting electricity. But I've decided to give this a shot this time around since autoflowers have such a short window of veg and flower, we shall see what we shall see.
    Last edited by javabob; 07-09-2022, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Grew these outdoors last winter down to 36°F only got 8 to 10 hrs of light a day. Not the biggest autos but they dont need 24/7 light to grow and produce good bud. Unless you're running a very low quality light.

Good job on the grow John, idk if this wait or waiting for it to dry and cure a bit before trying is harder
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 07-09-2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys. FYI mine are not autos. They vegged for 8 weeks then I flipped to 12/12. Been 17 weeks so far. I also have an outdoor plant. Just for fun.
        Attached Files

Comment

By the way GroBuddy, I'd say it's the dry and cure. Don't tell anyone but I steal a nug after two weeks in the jar!

Comment

• 90Gizmo
            90Gizmo commented
            Editing a comment
            You can wait two weeks??? Maybe because it was my first grow but I barely made it to dry. Told myself that I wanted to experience the progress to awesome. Surely.

It will be worth the extra time: my Afgoo goes 9 weeks at least. It's never worth it to chop early.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I don’t thing you’re far off. Where your trichs are is when I’d be staring a 2ish week flush to harvest

Comment

i finally cut them down, after10 weeks. i notice some sack forming on a bud. no male plants were ever exposed. temp got up to 84 degrees in the tent, so heat stress might have trigger them to hermie, but I don't think it will affect the quality(fingers crossed). I keep you posted. I had two plants, one was definitely bigger than the other. not sure why, as everything was equal Tthe two plates are one of each plant.
              Now comes the hard part, Drying. in order to keep the temp under 70 degrees, i have to run the AC continuously,but tat raises the humidity to 62-65%, so i have to run a dehumidifier. going to be a long week, lol.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by johnb1963; 07-17-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Looks great! You should be happy and proud.

Comment

thanks Java, very proud, but hopefully ever prouder in a month!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X