The Great Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Debate

Good morning Growies. I'd like to get clarification on lighting. First, what is recommended/favorite lighting schedule for autos? I've heard most people say 18/6 straight through entire grow. I've been witnessed 1-2 growers (from a group on facebook) say 20/4

Second, what is the recommended/favorite lighting schedule for photos? Ive heard most growers out there say 18/6 the switch to 12/12 for flower.....or do I have that backwards? Please correct me if I do! lol
    *IF I ask that same question on certain groups on FB a lot of members would rather spend the time bashing you then share honest assistance.
    Thanks in advance

No right or wrong. Personal methods and preferences

Comment

Autos can grow under 24 hrs or light 18/6 or anything in between. Photos do best at 18/6 for vegging and 12/12 for flowering. Go ahead and experiment. I would enjoy seeing your results.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I did a grow with photos and had the timer set for 13 on 11 off by mistake. Went through the whole flower time like that without any harm.

Comment

I'm wishy-washy. I started with 24h but with so many people doing 18/6 I sorta split the difference by going with 20/4. Please don't infer any of my posts to mean that i know what I'm doing! One benefit, though, was being able to turn the lights off during the hottest part of the day.
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X