I hope this picture is okay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this picture is okay

So I'm not using a smartphone, I'm using an actual camera. Not a very good one.

Anyway, here is a picture of one of the spots in question that is more pronounced than the other spots. This one actually looks burnt on the very, very tip of the leaf.

I hope the picture is clear enough for you to render a diagnosis - what is up with this plant?

It has to be this problem, yes? Or is it something else?

Leaves with a potassium deficiency have yellow, brown, or burnt edges and tips. It may look like nutrient burn, but the leaf margins also turn yellow.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      PhoenixFlower, it looks to me like a 'mild' nutrient burn, nothing to worry about now, just keep with the plan. I have had the 'crispy tips' on every grow and without any major problems. It just means that the plants are grtting all of the nutrients that they need.

Small nutrient burn, if you're referring to the burned tips

Comment

Originally posted by GroBuddy View Post
      Small nutrient burn, if you're referring to the burned tips
      I have not added anything to that container for close to a month now. How is it possible for a nutrient burn to develop this far along?

Comment

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        No idea that's what that small burn on that plants leaf tip is tho.

Nature finds a way
      “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
      ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

If you use tap that is hard with high ppms you could be feeding it alot of salt and other stuff each watering. I see rocks in the background. I live in southern new Mexico desert climate, I have hard water with 700-900ppms if I dont filter that well it'll mess my grow up causing lockouts and burns. Probably not your issue. What nutrients do you use I assume dry amendments which ones? How much? Again probably not the issue just making sure you're not using MG or some crazy npk that feeds for 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by GroBuddy View Post
          If you use tap that is hard with high ppms you could be feeding it alot of salt and other stuff each watering. I see rocks in the background. I live in southern new Mexico desert climate, I have hard water with 700-900ppms if I dont filter that well it'll mess my grow up causing lockouts and burns. Probably not your issue. What nutrients do you use I assume dry amendments which ones? How much? Again probably not the issue just making sure you're not using MG or some crazy npk that feeds for 3 months
          I'm using these nutrients, PROMIX's OMRI line of granular nutrients https://www.promixgardening.com/en/p...rtilizer-7-3-3

Comment

• GroBuddy
            GroBuddy commented
            Editing a comment
            That seems fine, other option would be to check soil ph to insure its not extremely high or extremely low. If medium conditions are within a decent range as mentioned nature finds a way. Personally unless that spread to many leaves and got worse rapidly I wouldn't be too concerned.

That one small spot is nothing to worry about, since none of the other leaves shows burn. She looks nice and strong!
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

You can get a bit of nute burn from the soil or coco getting a little too dry, which concentrates the available nutrients.
            Coconut Grove
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
            4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
            32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
            Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

If it dries out too much that really drives down the pH. So better to keep evenly watered at that size.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X