Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of my plants is shorter than the rest - midget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my plants is shorter than the rest - midget?

It's kind of hard to see from the picture, but the very far right plant in the bottom corner is at least two inches shorter than the rest of the plants. I just measured. IT otherwise looks okay and seems to be growing, albeit at a slower pace than the other two plants. Should I be concerned? Is this plant just a defective gene or something?

Edit: the plants are over one month old, germinated and growing in (still) 4.00 round pots of organic seed starting mix. I added a 7 3 3 fertilizer into my top soil and since then the plants have seen the same exact treatment. I have not done anything differently. They've been sitting under the growlight between 50% - 60% intensity, 18-6. Watered everyday.
    Last edited by PhoenixFlower; 07-04-2022, 10:37 AM.

Probably growing hybrids and that one shows indica dominate. Genetics would be my guess

Comment

Same strain, different phenotype. The result of all this mass crossbreeding and a million different "specialty names" in cannabis. It's nearly impossible to find pure landrace genetics in the US

Comment

Originally posted by GroBuddy View Post
        Probably growing hybrids and that one shows indica dominate. Genetics would be my guess
        Are you absolutely certain? My seeds were bought from a reputable seed bank and the strain is an IBL - do I need to worry at all?

Comment

• User420111
          User420111 commented
          Editing a comment
          I buy my seeds from a reputable seed bank in California, too. I have gotten "feminized Lemon Tree" photoperiods that have turned out to be autoflower. I have gotten "Hindu Kush" that look more like a larfy sativa.

I'm not bashing anyone and more times than not the genetics are great and the end result product is high quality. But as for genetics it's a hodge podge. Unless you go to the country of origin, see the plant physically growing and take seeds right off it... we just can't be sure what we are getting 100%

Edit: A difference of 2-3" when vegging. Would not worry, at all. It may catch up, it may surpass the others. No big deal
          Last edited by User420111; 07-04-2022, 12:29 PM.

No worries

Comment

The height difference isn't of concern. Not sure what strain you're growing, are you due to transplant soon? Watering daily seems like you might be, plus going by looks. Do you check pH? Other than the reflective sheeting that picture looks just like my closet. Tops of your plants look healthy, not sure what lights you're using. Happy pharming.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Siblings are often shorter/taller than each other...
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Nothing to worry about take it slowly less is more at this stage
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You can always favor the shorter one with the light. I did that with my last two grows were one was a runt and the other not.

Comment

Here's what i'd like to know.......When do you plan on transplanting, are they for outdoor only? What strain are they? I've got 2 outdoor autos one is 10" taller than the other and same strain, same start time i never topped either both healthy but just shorter than the other. Who knows why i did'nt do anything different to either of them. Genetics or ??? just don't know.
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I grew up with a pair of identical twins, when they were young you could not tell them apart by looks. As they grew the differences showed, 1 grew taller than the other while the other twin grew fatter. There were many other difs as well, I call it genetics.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X