Labs (Lactic acid bacteria serum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labs (Lactic acid bacteria serum)

How many of yall use fermentation? Just ran across this recently. Seems like a fairly simple, cheap way to create and provide benefits to plants and soil by using items around you. You can buy labs I wanted to do this for free basically from scratch. I've soaked rice in water for 3 days it smelled sweet, not as sweet as mash but smelled a day or so from going sour. I strained that then added it to milk at a 1:10 ratio. Once this is complete I'll syphon the bottom liquid then pour the curds in compost pile or worm bin. I'll use the liquid in a 5 gallon bucket with dechlorinated tap water molasses and yard waste probably some cannabis trimmings. That will be able to be used weekly at 1oz to 1 gallon of water making like 130 gallons. Can be used up to 4oz to a gallon of water biweekly or every 3 weeks. Also can use as a foliar spray at 1oz per gallon

The links are part one and two of the fermentation videos that turned me onto this method
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GroBuddy; 07-03-2022, 01:49 PM.

Have you tried it yet?

Comment

Still culturing the milk and rice water. That takes around a week. Then itll take another week or two to ferment. I suppose just going off instructions never tried this before

Comment

Works well found out I didn't need that entire jar of labs for this fermentation. Why theres that residue on top. Added residue to worm bin and composting pile. I've used the liquid 2ce at a ounce per gallon once a week. Plants didn't show any bad reaction. Cant speak on the benefits yet besides being basically free. Fyi smells of high heaven, I dont mind a barn smell it smells like that x10

Haven't used as a foliar spray yet all plants are in flowering stage. Next time....
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 08-15-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X