No announcement yet.

Patience, Tolerance & Diversity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golfnrl Thanks for asking. I would say that "the real us" is very complex and has a lot of different facets, and we aren't conscious of all of those facets. There's the "me" I consciously want to project to the world, but that's not all of me, and even that "public me" isn't consistent: humans are full of contradictions. What is usually referred to as the "shadow" consists of the parts of ourselves--behaviors, attitudes, thoughts--that don't exactly mesh with the "public me."

Self-examination is a daunting task. We have to let go of the idealized version we hold of ourselves and see into all the dark nooks and crannies of our personality. Most folks refuse to give up the idealized self-view they hold, or the belief that it's someone else's fault or they are the victim, etc. We have all observed that repeatedly in folks who claim to be good christians and do terrible things. I've been journaling for decades, and that is an exercise in writing down what really happened and what I really did and how I really feel: it's not fun, but it's liberating and it helps me grow. One of my favorite uses of cannabis is to help open the doors of perception and give me more relaxed access to the things I may have more trouble confronting in myself.
    Last edited by alltatup; 07-11-2022, 02:17 AM. Reason: eliminate repetition; correct a pronoun
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx alltatup. Again, I think you're right. Being honest with yourself is not as easy as it sounds. I think a lot of what you are referring to is simply self-control. No one controls how I react to any given situation except me. Being intolerant of others is a learned behavior. I think we are losing our ability to express ourselves and are falling back to base human nature. But, I will def fill a bowl and ponder your thoughts...for how can I ever expect to expand my own knowledge/opinions if I never consider someone else's point of view?

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      golfnrl These are hard times; I've never vaped as much as I am these days just to be able to cope with the state of things. Thank goodness for cannabis: that's all I can say.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X