Best lights for veg and flower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Best lights for veg and flower.

Hi. I've been running two lec315s. One 4200k and one 3100k. I'm going to be setting up a veg tent and I've purchased a spider farmer sf 2000. I was thinking I would use the spider farmer for my veg tent but im wandering if I would get greater benefit from teaming up the led with the lec in flower, and using the other lec 4200k for my veg tent. Also looking for advice on the what level to run the spider farmer and the distance for seedlings and clones.

thanks

1) 6500K is needed for vegging, as to imitate "sunlight". 2) 3100K to 2700K for flower, as to imitate "Fall conditions, shorter daylight time and more orange to red light spectrum". I am not familiar with using LED's as I use t8 fluorescent tubes but this is the range I use when growing, less heat and can keep to within 3 inches from tops of plants. Your 4200K may not be enough for vegging? This would be the only one I would question, but that is just my opinion as I do not know, but I believe you can get away with the 3100K during flower as I have done this once myself, more like a soft white instead of the "yellowish" color of 2700K.

LED's as I understand produce more heat and have to be kept farther away, so if possible, turn them on and feel how far heat is thrown of, this will give you an idea. keep within a cool to slightly warm range using the back of your hand then you can pretty much judge how far to keep them BUT again, I am not familiar with LED's, I am sure there is a difference. Check your information on your lights and see what they recommend.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - make sure your tent doesn't get hot! Remember, as long as you got the key ingredients of temp, humidity, air circulation and light distance, you should do very well.
    Last edited by NuggetMan; 06-18-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X