1st indoor grow from seed to bud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st indoor grow from seed to bud

i use this 400 watt MH grow room mostly for startups and occasionally for finishing plants if they can be moved when the snow flies. I’m glad to use techniques I’ve seen here to complete my first indoor show. Two weeks since the flip.
    Last edited by Jimmynuetron; 06-15-2022, 07:37 PM.

What a great looking plant and training way to grow old school if it ain't broke why fix or change
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Should I be removing the bud startups at the bottom of the plant at some point. I generally only remove fan leaves that point to the middle. I cloned the two lowest branches already

Comment

Jimmynuetron You should wait until around day 20-21 of flower before you trim the stuff that won't reach the sweet spot in the light. If you trim too much before then, you may stunt the stretch. LOOKIN GOOD!!!!!
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
          Jimmynuetron commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Alltatup, I’ll wait another 7-10 days

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Jimmynuetron I've learned from experience!! I have fixed lights that I can't move down, so I learned that too much pre-21 days trimming can really stunt the height--especially on a plant that I already mainlined, which will also shorten a plant.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup good tip to know

Week 5, brought them outside for a drizzle of rain

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Boy she's looking great just abit of drizzle i brought my 2 flowering autos inside do to rain now and in the 60s so careful about WPM now you've worked hard for her

Originally posted by Jimmynuetron View Post
        Week 5, brought them outside for a drizzle of rain

Wow! She looks amazing dude! I can't believe how lush & green you've kept it - I'm guessing that's the MH effect, though literally every leaf looks immaculate! You've crowned it out & opened it up so well too - looks awesome!

​​​​​
        Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 07-05-2022, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments and advice. I had WPM on an outdoor auto once so I’m watching carefully, but that 400 watt bulb and fan keeps it hot and dry inside. I also just caught the end of the shower and dried them outside in the sun. It makes me nervous that they might reveg when they see the real sun, so outdoor visits are short. I’m feeding them compost tea made from banana leaves, and tea made from poppy plants will be their final feed before the rinse.

Comment

Looking good Jimmynuetron . Just a FYI, taking plants outside then back in invites outside pests to the inside. Grow on.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I’ll check thoroughly

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              Had to wash aphids off the smaller one a couple times in the last few days. Could be from that outing...

My light is stationary, but the grow table moves up and down

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              You lucky guy us old farts would love a " surgical table with hydrolics " for our old bones. Hmmm how'd you do that?

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              Bud gal, you got me thinking about WPM so I ran my dehumidifier over night and it was full and had shut off by morning. We’re at 59% now so I’m running it again. Is there an ideal humidity for budding ?

Here she is at the start of week 8. I plucked a bud off the lowest branch for a flavour preview and she’s loaded with seeds. What to do ???

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              Thirteen seeds from that little bud, and twelve were mature. Stoked about seeds, but how long should I let her go now ? She’s not thinking resin anymore. The smoke is delicious !!

Nothin left to do but smile, smile, smile, and pretend your back in the 70s and found a jackpot of rarely seen prime bud that of course is weighed down by seed because seed adds to the weight... I digress.

If you want prime seeds, I believe the consensus would be let the plant grow on until it started dropping seeds on it's own, then a little longer. If you have that many and the bud is ripe for harvest, maybe do a partial harvest. Either way, you will have plenty of seed to grow. Did it hermie or was it from another plant, or maybe it was pollinated while being outside.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol, the 70s, when every pound came with an ounce of seed. As far as how this happened, I’m just not sure. Three nanners have showed up in the last week. I suspected she was starting to self pollinate, but this happened a while back for the seeds to be mature. I haven’t checked the smaller one yet. We’ll see, fingers crossed...

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              That would have to be 4-6 weeks ago. About the time they were outside? Maybe a neighbor up wind had a male plant.

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              She did grow up with a couple boys, but of course they went to the compost pile before they opened, or so I thought. She’s hung and starting to dry, and the smaller one is finishing outside, the grow room gets too hot when it’s over 100 degrees outside.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X