Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contino
    commented on 's reply
    yes, I did top them and have been pruning the bottom leaves. I'm day 3 into the 12/12 cycle ... we'll see what that does! :-)

• Satyaban
    commented on 's reply
    I planted feminized auto seeds and keeping my lights on an 18/6 schedule but intend to change 12/12 in a couple months, I hope. Did you top your plants?

• contino
    replied
    Thanks ... what are "fern seeds"? And ... I have just now changed to 12/12 to hopefully "force" whatever seeds I have to begin flowering. Right now the plants are HUGE in my tent and don't have much room left for the flowering stage, which to my understanding, is going to produce alot more growth. I'll find a way though! :-)

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like you’ve got fem seeds instead of autos. They’ll work just fine on 18/6 if they were autos though

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I though autoflowers were supposed to have 20/4 or 24 light all the time... I wonder if that was the issue for you...

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Turn on email notifications in your account settings.

• contino
    replied
    UPDATE: Day 107 .. wondering if seeds were NOT auto flowering?

OK, as the images show, my plants aren't flowering. I got excited a couple weeks ago when I saw the tiny white hairs starting ... but then ... nothing. The plants continue to slowly grow taller, now only about a foot away from the lights at the very top of my tent. But that's about it!

I am strongly suspecting that indeed, the seeds I ordered were NOT auto flowing. So I'm planning on changing the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12, which, if they are in fact not, then I should know within a short period of time what the deal is.

Before I do, I thought I'd check in with you all to see what your thoughts are :-)

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• contino
    replied
    Just seeing the replies (I did NOT get any email notifications ... and don't see a way to turn it on). Thank you all ... I am indeed encouraged that we are on a good track. We're now in day 73 and not much change but will continue practicing patience ... the hardest part ... especially when my slippery mind keeps thinking that maybe the seeds I got were not auto-flowering!

Sigh ... looking forward to fall harvest time ... will be SO sweet to have, something I've wanted for years! So yeah, I can wait a wee bit longer! LOL

Thanks again everyone!

Leave a comment:

• OldManGrower
    commented on 's reply
    What she said.

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Those look great very lush and hardly a spot to be seen any day now should see lighter growth on bud sites to me it's a sign of bud forming, white hairs. I think as that soil gets depleted of N and the plant starts to cannablize itself. Meaning using it's stored nutes within itself it will be changing color become lighter as the buds start taking all the energy from leaf to bud formation. This may take awhile as those are damn healthy plants. Be patient alittle longer

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Keep doing what you’re doing 👍🏻

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    contino Hi, welcome to the forum! Your plants look lovely, and you're right: no light change for autos. I see what may be a little nute burn on the tips of the mature leaves, but the yellow should "grow out" of the new leaves.

Leave a comment:

• contino
    started a topic First time grower - how do things look?

First time grower - how do things look?

Hi! New to the group and excited to learn more about growing green!

Data:
    1. 66 days in from seed to what you see in the pics
    2. using BudGrower all-included tent - 2' x 4'
    3. Using their approach with my auto flowering seeds, including using California "hot" soil w/ fertilizer as bottom 2"layer + top soil for the rest in 5 gallon fabric pots - 4 plants total
    4. 18/6 light cycle entire time

Questions:
    1. Overall how do the plants look?
    2. Potential cause and significance of the yellow tips on the leaves?
    3. Any idea on when flowering stage may begin? To my understanding auto flowering do NOT require switch to 12/12 cycle, right?
    4. Any other suggestions you may have

Thanks ... look forward to your insights!

Carl

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X