Ventilation system? I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventilation system? I need help

Hello everyone, I am very glad I found this forum. I am growing for the first time right now and I am still confused about many things. One of them is the ventilation system. I had started my first grow (three plants) with a kind of improvised self-built tent made from reflective foil but recently I have bought a proper grow tent. It's measures are: 180cm height, 120 width and 60 depth (Mars Hydro). I have two Mars Hydro TS1000 lamps. Obviously, it's getting quite hot and humid in the tent, so I really need to install a proper ventilation system (so far I have used a small table fan and a small dehumidifier, but that's not really helping).

I am really confused about what kind of ventilation I need. On this website, I found a lot about lights, but not so much about ventilation (or did I miss it?) As I do not plan to grow more than two plants at a time in the future, I don't want a solution that is too expensive. At the same time, of course I don't want to spend money on something which doesn't do the job.
    Is it alright, if I buy an exhaust fan only, or do I also need an intake?
    And if yes, what kind and size of exhaust fan do I need?

Could any of you give me an advice? I am really at a loss here.
    Thank you very much and best regards!

I have an exhaust fan whose primary function is odor control. Additionally I use a tower fan to circulate air around the plants (both under and over the canapy. As weed is wind pollinatedplant it rewards bud site with air circulation with other resources as it seems that bud site is most likely to receive pollen on the wind. Of course with no pollen available it just makes the plant work harder to get its nugs (off).
    “Rather laugh with sinners than cry with saints” Billy Joel Only the good die young
    ”I think I can, I think I can…”the little engine that could

Comment

AC Infinity is great for ventilation control. You can target temperature or humidity. I use the Controller 67 with a 4" and 6" on my two tents. Make sure you get one larger than what you think you need especially if using any filters or bends in the ductwork.

Comment

• 3Berries
        3Berries commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had a tent for a little over a year now. And fans are like lights. They seem to accumulate as you upgrade.

Started out with a 4" Inline booster type with speed control. Went to a 4 " axial. took the speed control off the booster and put it on the axial. But the AC Infinity controller 67 automates it and is Bluetooth enabled with a app.

I would expect they are working on more advanced options as although you can target temp and humidity it's only with a variable fan speed. It needs some sort of output control for other devices like a humidifier, mister AC or dehumidifier..

Just get a inline fan that matches duct port hole, dont need carbon filter unless you care about Smell. The exhaust will produce negative pressure which will cause intake. You can run them from the inside or outside of tent
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm a newbie to growing but have some experience with cooling computer cases. I think it scales. I also just went through the same thing moving from a grow-closet.

You need a proper duct fan for exhaust. Regular house or desk fans can help with input by placing them outside and let them blow at the inlets. You can use another/more duct fans for input but that's not necessary, especially if you already have house fans, don't care about looks and don't want to spend a lot of money.

BTW I bought a cheap fan and hate the noise. I wish I'd spent a little more money.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X