Second Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Beginning

Hi Folks , I'm back again. And to make a short story long , I broke off communications last year , as I got an unexpected present from a buddy who had to sell their house and garden after a breakup with his girlfriend. Its an ill wind ... So he gave me a bucket full of buds and I was gone for two weeks and my girls did not survive . Sorry I did not post anything since then .
    However , I got started again with some seeds I wanted to be able to draw some comparisons between mostly indica (Girl Scout) and more sativa (AK-47) . So I got me some seeds (its all illegal here in Germany) , germinated them (actually forgot all about them for a week) - lying in their beds of wet tissues - the roots were about 10 cm long (ca. 4") . I had to build 2-storey cardboard holders to take the long roots . And what else did I do wrong? I used the earth from last year's attempt : this good earth was already souped up with worm castings . Boy , did my seedlings like that! They shot up like they were taking off !
    So now I have these spaghetti-like plants with two tiny leaves trying to reach for the sky . These were intended for growing out on the balcony (last year I was attempting my first grow in the cellar with all rhe necessary lights , extractor fans etc.)
    It has been 14 days since I first put the seeds into damp tissues . I guess I'm going to place these into larger buckets and gently remove the 'collars' when I fill in the soil to the required height (just below the tiny leaves) . If things don't work out then I'll just have to start all over again . Here are some photos of the babes today (the girl scouts are the lankier ones) . Will post again when I get my lanky girls transplanted . Today .
    Attached Files

OK , the only available container size - but the cardboard cups are there and I guess that they will let the roots through when (if) they expand . All on the balcony now .
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with BU2B heads up newbie

Is there any drainage in the buckets?

Comment

Thanks guys BU2B & Bowhunterwoody &@SoOrbudgal for the good wishes , just checked the size and they are 12 litre buckets . And I did drill holes for seepage . BU2B My balcony is fairly secluded so I'm not worried about being detected . Although I do have grow cabinets in the cellar and all the gear and lights . Actually I'm a bit teed off with the way I got started and as I still have a couple of seeds I might just start these parallel to the ones in the buckets .
      Last edited by LankyBird; 06-07-2022, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys BU2B & Bowhunterwoody & SoOrbudgal for the good wishes , just checked the size and they are 12 litre buckets . And I did drill holes for seepage . BU2B My balcony is fairly secluded so I'm not worried about being detected . Although I do have grow cabinets in the cellar and all the gear and lights . Actually I'm a bit teed off with the way I got started and as I still have a couple of seeds I might just start these parallel to the ones in the buckets . Think I got the spelling right this time ?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X