Genetics, Sativa, and seeds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetics, Sativa, and seeds...

So my last grow I used some old seeds (20 yrs+) and had 4 plants. Plant 1 I harvested at 8 weeks into flower, no issues here. Plant 2 I harvested at 8 weeks 4-5 days into flower, no issues here either. Plant 3 I harvested at 9 weeks into flower, this started to show 2 or 3 "neeners" or bananas but no male sac clusters. I have found so far 2 - 3 immature seeds??? Plant 4 I harvested at 10 weeks exactly, no issues here.

These are nothing compared to my grow #16 (the bomb!) but still has a good buzz, smokes clean, no popping or black ash, and flavor is what is to be expected (to me, over the years the flavors or tastes have improved as compared to "old school weed" from back in the day).

I have had this issue in the past but come to find out these seeds I had weren't the greatest and had these plants seed on me after 8 weeks. Genetics!

Females when flowering long enough can self produce seeds. Pics would help identify what you're talking about. Normally if a plant shows male characteristics its before week 9 in flower. Those autos? Week 9 flower for photoperiod is early as hell to harvest anything before that I dont see how that could be even close to being done

Pics are like 9 weeks then 15 weeks at harvest then after dry
    Attached Files

Comment

this didn't happen until I passed 8 1/2 weeks of flower. No these are not autoflowers these were 20+ year old seeds (I grew these before and had the same thing happen but it was so long ago I completely forgot about these). My last grow #16 produced "the bomb" and all of these Sativas were harvested right at 8 weeks into flower. Maybe growing indoors changes growing characteristics as compared to growing outdoors?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X