Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Ac water?! Ppm 40!

Guys,

Is it jsut me or is your AC water have an insanely low PPM. I would LOVE to use this as my tap is near 500ppm (almost 400 after britta). I saw some lab reports it was so clean it was safe for drinking. I just have never seen anything at 40ppm and would save me a lot of water!

I have read that the water from them and dehydrators can be used (kinda like RO or distilled water), however many are afraid it may contain heavy metals from them.

Comment

AC runoff ought to be a fine source of H2O for your grow, especially if you grow outdoors. If you grow indoors it might have outdoor spoors or undesirable seeds that could contaminate your grow.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

4 to 500 is good that's added minerals like calcium available from tap you dont have to supply to plants. I used to run into calmag deficiencies using RO water that stopped when I started using tap. My tap is 7 to 800ppms all I use is a boogie blue water hose filter or I'll get a 2 pack of cheaper ones and use both so I don't have to let tap sit for 24 hours. Using those you can water directly from water hose or fill up jugs/buckets for indoor plants

The only time I use RO anymore is when I use worm juice or fish poo etc., something that needs to be diluted. I'll do that so I dont have an extra 700 ppms to consider when mixing.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Howdy GroBuddy. My sentiments about using just plain tap water for my hydroponic grows. I have been using the city tap water, with all of its minerals, for over eleven grows and have not had any problems with it. I do have reservations about using the condensate from an A/C unit because of the chance of introducing spores and/or bacteria into the grow.

• GroBuddy
          GroBuddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea but my tap isn't consumable my dogs dont even get it. I live in alamogordo New Mexico theres zero bodies of water around desert climate. Lots of lime. I watered a plant a long time ago with plain tap and it almost died from watering without being filtered. We have water dispensaries scattered across town 25 cents a gallon. I'd rather not risk it if I can simply filter. Also doesn't water bubble and become oxygenated in reservoirs in turn airing out chloramine or chlorine? Appreciate the feed back. Never ran a reservoir

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X