Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time growing HELP?!?!?

Hey guys,

Basically my first proper grow apart from when I hosted a grow about 10 years ago for someone else.

So my question is...are these ok? They seem to be very hairy? I'm not seeing the bud grow through the hairs?

It's been roughly 5 weeks of flower so I would expect to see less hairs and more bud?

I was expecting to start flushing on Sunday...but I'm thinking that they might not be ready?

Advice please

Kylo

Not even close. Perhaps in another four to six weeks. The plants do not follow a calendar but rather their internal clock. If these are photo period seeds than you will need close to sixty days in flower. Look at the trichomes not the clock. https://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Why would you expect to flush week 5. First flushing is broscience no one who's grown for any amount of time flushes. I have we mostly all have flushing has no added benefits. Flushing I assume you were going for 2wks afterwards. If you had a auto that wouldnt be done in 7 weeks. Photos will never ever be done in 7 weeks. I dont think I've ever seen a breeders flower time listed at 7 weeks. When growing photos always add 2 weeks to breeders harvest time. Flower time doesn't start at light flip to 1212 but rather once plants actually transition into flower generally taking near 2 weeks. If that's a auto look to harvest at day 100 more likely around day 110 to 115. Good luck bud awesome job so far

Hairy are pistils that's normal

Imo looking at trichomes under a microscope only allows you to see a tiny portion of plants. There are millions if not billions or trillions of trichomes on each plant. Looking at a tiny portion of them can be misleading for majority of trichomes, especially if you're itching to harvest already. Top buds closest to light and sugar leaves will amber sooner and be misleading. You want the plant as a whole to be mature enough to harvest not the selective trichomes you viewed. All cannabis plants look the same when ready to harvest, without looking at trichomes. Most photos will run 12 to 16 weeks more up to 16 fewer at 12. What you want to see from photos and autos are change in pistil color, those white pistils will go orange or brown maybe red, after that those pistils will start to curl in towards the buds or calyx, Calyx's are what buds are comprised of. Once those pistils change color and curl over the next 2 to 4 weeks calyxes or buds will start to swell, during this time is when beginners will generally harvest, early. only once calyxes fully swell causing those curling orange pistils to recede into them is the plant ready to harvest. You can look at trichomes then, but you wont need to because the plant will be done.
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-03-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

They look good but u got to be patient, weeks to go.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

dude, nice job. mine are on week 5 after flip and look just like yours. perfectly normal. you have another 4-5 weeks to go. i typically flush 3 days before harvest., with the last two in total darkness.

Comment

They look fine to me. You need to give it more time and patience. Check your breeder's recommendation for flowering time and always check your trichomes to determine when to harvest. GWE has a plethora of information.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X