I bought a cheap digital microscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a cheap digital microscope

I'm going to have to tape it to a tripod to get steady images but I think it shows me what I need to see. (Autoflower starting week seven, I thought the sugar leaves were starting to get a shine.)
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Howdy 90Gizmo. Nice picks from a 'cheap' digital microscope! Does it have a brand name and what do You consider as cheap? Nice shots though, kind of looks like 'fancy' ice sickles!
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

There have been some very bad reviews since I purchased. Since then, I've put it on a tripod and the images are only slightly better than handheld. UPDATE. There's a menu to select the saved resolution. I don't think the bad reviewers have noticed that yet. I went hunting when I noticed that the live picture was better than the saved ones. I've attached a low res plant image and a higher res text image. I'll get more plant pics at higher res.
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 06-02-2022, 06:13 PM.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

This is a little less magnification and is little bit sharper
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Focus is very touchy. Every touch and wobble gets magnified the same as the image (as expected) so there's settling time needed for every shot. Visitors on the set are not helpful. I think for $16 USD the little bit of needed fiddling around is acceptable.
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X