Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried a dry herb vape pen for the first time yesterday. Never going back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried a dry herb vape pen for the first time yesterday. Never going back.

If you haven't tried one, do it. I was amazed - no smoke, no tar; just flavor and potency. Discrete, yet better than my big multi-chamber water bong. No cough reflex at all. The one I tried was the K Vape Pro by Kandypens but from what I've read most offer similar user experiences.

I’ve never actually gotten high off a vape. Wish I could

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      bboyfromwayback Try an Arizer. I've been using them for years now, it's the best vaporizer I've ever used. I have the Solo 2 which is hand held and re-chargeable, but I went back to the Arizer V Tower so I can load more in the bowl. It's less than $90 right now, best desktop vaporizer that does NOT cost $700!!! https://arizer.com/v-tower/

Stankybud I tried a lot of pieces of shit as well over the years, and some of them were damn expensive. Arizer, a Canadian company, has been in the game for years, is inexpensive and top of the line. You don't have to spend hundreds to get a good vape. I mean, I have respect for smokers, I just go to the place where I couldn't handle the smoke and heat any longer. The V Tower gets me higher than anything I ever used before.

You naysayers need to try a table top model with convection heating, and practice how to use it. I'll never go back. I feel so much better for it, and yes it delivers.

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Ckbrew ARIZER: that's my brand too!!! I didn't want to fuck with vaping out of a plastic bag, so I got the V Tower, same model but no bag. Gotta love Arizer.

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      I really dislike the bag thing, but I think it does make the vape process run more efficient if it is used.

I think some of the negative experiences may come from the hit being weaker. Smoke and tar is eliminated but a lot of THC is left in the bowl after one use. If you surf a bit, you will read that a lot of the dry herb vapers keep all the "spent" bowls and make cannabutter. Today I tried vaping yesterdays bowl again (just left it in the pen after vaping) and definitely got a nice buzz the second time around. So it definitely takes longer to get the same dose but that is a plus for me.

Comment

I bought my first PAX vaporizer 8 years ago. It still works fine, so I bought my 2nd PAX vaporizer 3 years ago to give me a backup. They're a little pricey and keeping them clean is essential, but they are well worth it if you want to save your lungs from ash and tar and the cough that goes along with it.

Comment

Ckbrew that table top came today…👍🏻👍🏻

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Good deal. Fire it up (anti-pun intended) and start practicing. Start at lower temp about 195* C and work up slowly between bowls to about 210* C. It took me about a week of research on how to get the best use out of it.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Yay!! Hope you love it!! I can't believe how inexpensive Arizer is, yet top quality.

I’d also echo this. I got my first dry herb vape this year and I’ve not smoked a joint since! Taste like I’m smoking cigarettes if I try now. I’ve since got a hand held one for out and about. I’ve now got a vape for the house and one for outside, it’s the future!

Comment

I still prefer to smoke a joint or a bowl but this thing will do when I don’t want to go outside lol

Comment

I'm wondering power draw of desk top units. Please, can someone tell me the watts (or amps times voltage) printed on their unit or power brick? TIA!
            Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
            Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220607_123159-A.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	566937
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                90Gizmo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you very much. That's about 65 watts as an upper limit. I'm thinking of making one (I like to make things) and am wondering about the power needed.

Or.... you could try a DIY model like this:
              Vaporizer Showdown: The Homebrew GrouchyOne versus the Mighty S&B Volcano

Lol, actually the one feature that is most important is a continuously variable temperature control as Ckbrew suggested above. That will allow you to the full range of flavor, from terps to ashes if you so desire.

-Grouchy
              My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
              I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
              Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                90Gizmo commented
                Editing a comment
                Fabulous! So, you get a down draft from the heat gun and catch it in the flask. I bet that flask helps cool it nicely. How long can the vape stay in the flask? Can the vape be condensed to oil or whatever? I have some (cough, cough, wink) experience with stills... BTW I think your flask is the bottom half of a "vacuum filtration" set.

I have a G Pro herbal vaporizer. For high THC weed it works fine. It takes the experience down a notch which for me is good because too much THC makes me worried so the vaporizer makes it more manageable. For high CBD weed it doesn't work that well. It does the same thing but with say 1:1 weed the experience is hardly noticeable.

Comment

Tried dry vaporizer for the first time. Got some purple urkle to practice with. First hit at 310F gave a little grape flavor and a light head buzz. Next hit at 350F had lots of flavors but that skunk was predominant. Also, this exhale had a little mist in it. Maybe less than my liquid cartridges but definitely there. That's good enough for now! I'll try bumping that temp next session but I can say after first impressions that I'm eager to "smoke" more this way. I'm using Yucan HIT portable, $55USD at dispensatory. Hoping that's my very last trip there!
                Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
                Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
                Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                  90Gizmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Almost three months later... I'm still using the Yucan HIT. I have not had any problems at all with either the HIT or my breathing. And, praise be, I have *not* been back to the dispensary since.

Just wanna say that I don't think that vaping is superior to smoking; it's not a competition. Each one has advantages, and there's nothing like passing a joint among friends. What I like about vaping is lower temps (I vape around 380 F), no butane, no combustion, and it smells better. I have to clean the disgusting water out of my Grav bong after my buddies use it and man does it stink. I always find that the ABV flower left smells like fresh baked herbal bread...

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                  90Gizmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For me it's not smoking vs vaping. I can't (shouldn't) smoke. It's dry vaping vs cartridge vaping. It is nice that some of the friends I passed joints and bongs to in the 70s are still friends today. Thankfully, gear doesn't change that.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  90Gizmo Times and technology change, but old potheads don't!!! I remember in the late 60s making a pipe w/ a toilet paper roll and tin foil. I absolutely LOVE all the new cannabis technology!!! And I won't mess with cartridges unless I make the contents myself; too much bad shit they use.

I remember when I tried a dry herb vape pen for the first time—it was a game-changer. So much smoother and cleaner compared to other methods. Recently, I stumbled upon this shop online and found an incredible selection of vape pens. It's amazing how far vaping tech has come. Once you find the right setup, there's no looking back!​
                Last edited by Wordwers; 03-11-2024, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X