Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoPot Grow #3

I’m excited about this run, two great strains Amnesia Haze and Chocolope

The seeds soaked about 14hrs in water before popping open and were just planted in nursery starters. When I ordered the medium I couldn’t find any Mothers Earth online so I order Fox Farm’s coco perlite mix. It’s supposed to be the same 70/30 ratio as Mothers Earth but everything has this weird orange tint, the coco and the perlite. Hopefully that doesn’t cause some strange ph issues or something else. These girls will be grown in 3.9 gallon plastic AutoPots in a 2x4 tent so I’m going to Scrog them to get max yield from 3 plants in a small space.

We’ll get to the AutoPot setup in a few weeks. Hopefully I’ll post baby sprouts in a few days. They’re sitting on top of a heating pad with bags over the top to keep the soil moist. I prewatered the other day and sat the starters in the tent so the soil would be nice and warm when I dropped the seeds.

*Update….due to a few duds that got my plants off a bit I decided to go with the Amnesia Haze and 2 Chocolopes for this grow since these plants are about the same size and will be flipped fairly early on. These plants are only 4 days apart. The Blue Dream and Dos Si Dos are going to be vegged a bit for max yield and used in my next grow
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-23-2022, 10:12 AM.

Alrighty then here you go with a very interesting system. Hmmm man i sure hope that newer soilless works for you like before.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      That stuff looks so weird! I have 3 coco grows under my belt and none of the buds have much flavor compared to my older buds grown in soil. They say you can use soil in AutoPots but thats a recipe for a bug infestation in my opinion. The medium stays fairly damp
      Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-02-2022, 06:44 AM.

Here’s the nutes I’ll be using, GH Flora trio plus CalMag, the Kool Bloom will be introduced once into flower. Since opening these bottles I’ve had three photo grows and I’m in week 9 of a auto grow. This stuff last, I can see why GWE recommends it.

Comment

You are on a righteous track Brother BBoy!
      I'm using a version of autopots for my current grow and having great success. Don't let anyone tell you they don't work with a well aerated super soil mix! That is the secret sauce of having two root systems going at the same time! It's a little stressful waiting for the roots to hit the rez, but after that pretty much hands off.

That six foot tall Acapulco Gold on the left side of the picture and all the others are thriving in their DIY auto pots!

Best of Luck,
      -Grouchy
      My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
      I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
      Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Sweet! I loved that AutoPot grow, cruise control really once you activate the reservoir. The only issue I had is when I initially activated it the plants kinda took it hard, actually killed a Hindu Kush I had going and these were photos. I’m thinking they were big enough yet when I activated it. That is my only concern with going an autoflower in a AutoPot so I’ll probably wait until it’s 5-6wks old before turning the res on. My thinking is who cares when a plants in veg as long as it’s healthy but once flower hits I like the idea of the plant being able to consume as much water as it wants. One thing that last grow taught me is these girls will drink a insane amount of H2O if it’s available

Interested. I love blue dream'matic auto from Fast Buds.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Welcoming this little girl into the world today

Comment

Another update…..we now have 2 Chocolopes 👍🏻👍🏻 These two took so long to appear I gave up on them. 3/5 on the 5pack it is then.

Looks like ima have to get my 4x4 out of storage and a bigger reservoir 🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂
          Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-14-2022, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            It is always the quiet ones that need to be watched.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            helmet head LOL dern stubborn sometimes i got a couple tiny gals like that too

I topped the Amnesia Haze this evening right above the 2nd node and began training. The first two nodes were really close together and all four colas are about an inch long already. The Chocolopes are starting to take off.

Comment

I topped one of the Chocolopes today. They need transplanted, waiting for my autoflower tent to open for the room.

Comment

I had room for two of the AutoPots so I transplanted the two plants the have been topped already so I could start training.

Comment

My autoflower grow held this grow up a little plus I had 6 photos vegging in a 2x4 so space was limited. I was able to get these 3 into a tent of their own today so I put them under screens and on a reservoir. I’ll give them a few days to get adjusted to the new feeding system then flip to 12/12

Comment

The soil is damp but not wet and they’re happy. I’m going out of town for a bit so I topped off the reservoir and set the timer to 12/12

Comment

Came back home to a happy tent. First time I checked them since flipping to 12/12. The Chocolope on the left been slow growing since sprouting and so far 12/12 hasn’t changed anything for it.

Comment

We’re into flower now so i did my last bit of tucking and rearranging to expose as many bud sites as possible and get the canopy level. From here on I’ll let everything grow up and then strip the plant bare below the screen in a couple of weeks. Im seriously thinking about removing the runt on the left, all I see are wasted watts on that plant .

Comment

Beginning week 2 of flower. I removed the screen from the runt and it seems to be doing a little better. The only thing I do to the other two is tuck leaves every morning to help keep the lower bud sites from being shaded

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                          SoOrbudgal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          SOG and it's beautiful just a sea of green

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X