Is this Calcium Deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Calcium Deficiency?

Just noticed these brown spots on some of my leaves. They are towards the middle of the plant. Soil is FF OF/HF mix. Usually just bottled spring water for feedings. Could this be calcium deficiency. If so, should I water with cal-mag. Thanks from a new second year grower.
    Attached Files

It wouldn’t hurt to feed some cal mag. However, I have grown in the same soil mix as you for the last 2 grows and run into low pH issues at the first part of the grow (5.8 or less) both times. . You should check your runoff pH to be sure this isnt happening to you. My remedy was to flush plants with higher pH water (6.8). Once you start feeding nutes at the correct pH, the runoff pH should increase as well.

Comment

If yall ph happy frog and ocean forest before soil is depleted and you start using liquid nutrients that will effect soil ph. Out of the bag they are organic keeping moist you'll have a thriving rhizosphere until organic matter is depleted and you start using liquids. The microbes within the rhizosphere feed plants by eating the organic material and pooping the nutrients plants need. They do not need to be ph they will ph soil well themselves. Liquid nutrients are treated differently and need to be ph. As nutrients in soil have availability ph levels. Liquids are readily available for plant consumption they dont cater to soil or soil microbes they dont need to. as the liquid nutrients are providing everything.

I dont start feeding autos for up to 2 months photos up to 3 months using happy frog to start with ocean forest to transplant into.

Comment

You can get periodic run off readings and start a feeding regiment when soil ppm level drop below suggested amount. When mine did I would start with calmag until a full serving of calmag wouldnt get me back to a good ppm level then I'd use calmag and big bloom when those full servings wouldnt suffice then I'd add grow big or tiger bloom. Once I started using tap that reduced my calmag need in plants. Growing organically in same mix I dont add gypsum or Epsom salt or any other calmag specific nutrient. I also dont ph anything but I dont grow with liquids anymore.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-31-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

​​ That's 2 months in, no food applied at that point just tap water, to 6 and a half months in at harvest. Just have to cater to soil microbes keep them happy and the plant will be happy. Again organic grow not using liquid nutrients, also if you look at the soil ph chart nkp is readily available at 7.2 using mainly k and p to flower. That's with shitty up to 800ppms of hard water we have a lot of lime in this area. We don't consume tap dont even give it to my dogs but my plants do fine.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-31-2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I'll use any RV filter. I prefer boogie blue, the cheaper ones I'll use two to be safe. I'll change them out getting up to 26 gallons a day or every other day every 6 to 9 months. Dont let it go dry tho keep ends to put back on when not in use for prolonged amount of time. Those 2 flowering are auto seeds I made and ran during winter they came in only at 36°F and recieved 8 to 10 hrs of light a day. I'll run autos outdoors and photos indoors. Lastly the more you water until run off until soil is depleted quicker you'll have to start using liquids and phing.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-31-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks all. Great info. I just watered with strain tap (about 6.9 ph). I'll keep an eye on things. If I need help...I know where to go. Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry that was so much it's hard to really explain things using short sentences

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X