Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoPot Grow #2

Glueberry OG autoflower from Dutch Passion

I only have one auto going in a 2x4 so I decided to grow a strain I love and have had great success with before which isn’t usual when I grow an autoflower. I’m using the AutoPot system in the 3.9 gallon plastic container. This will be my second grow using the AutoPot system which I fell in love with my last run. This system is like a cross between hydro and flood & drain. The plants can drink as much or as little water as desired but the only electronics I’m using to run it is a water pump that’ll come on for 15min every 6hrs just to keep the nutrients in the reservoir mixed up.

A couple issues I ran into that I’m looking to correct this run was high humidity in the tent and ph lockout. I live in the southeastern US and it’s humid AF 8 months a year. My first AutoPot grow I only grew one plant in a 5 gallon fabric pot which flowered Oct-Nov and I still had a hard time keeping the tent humidity under 56% even though my grow room humidity was 35-40%. This time I’m trying the plastic pot in hopes to reduce the humidity. I also had an issue with ph. I joined an AutoPot forum and the longtime members say not to put any clay pebbles in the bottom of the pots to avoid ph issues even though the instructions say to do so. This time I’m straight 70/30 coco perlite mix top to bottom.

I just dropped my seed into a shot glass of water to be planted tomorrow evening. I setup the auto valve, filled the pot and pre watered the medium the other day. It’s been sitting inside the tent since so the soil will be warm and moist when I drop my seed. This is how I do it with nearly 100% success rate. Can’t remember the last time a seed didn’t sprout for me tbh.

Now hopefully I didn’t jynx myself and I post day one in 3-5 days lol
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 05-31-2022, 06:13 AM.

Usually using a dehumidifier works just have to get one bigger than you think you'll need. I ran one when I thought I needed it in a 3x3 that was for a large living area. I live in southeast new mexico desert climate humidity isn't much of an issue. I ran a ink bird in tent as well for humidity control only cutting either or on when needed. Making the grow room environment friendly works good as well. Making the room the correct humidity or what not rather than the tent itself. If tents 80% but the room that your inline is pulling fresh air from is 15% it helps even it out. Inline pushing out humidity and pulling in low humidity air.

Comment

This is such a cool way of growing really enjoyed watching the last time. You got this nailed down right bboyfromwayback, name says it all
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks hun! First grow with AutoPots was a breeze. See how this autoflower does now

Fighting humidity here, too. Rain for days and the air is so thick you can chew it. These autopots look really cool.. Let me go do some research. Thx for sharing
      First grow!: 1 Tropicana Cookies, 1 Orange Velvet (possibly)
      Vivosun 2x4
      Spider Farmer SF-2000
      AC Cloudline S6
      FoxFarms Cultivation Nation
      3-gallon fabric pots
      General Hydroponics + CaliMag
      Anything these just ask!

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        They’re awesome, that’s why I’m posting the grow. Not many people use these and I believe they would benefit many

Sorry everyone, I blocked dude and asked GWE to get him off my thread. I can’t see those post anymore, not sure about everyone else. Carry on 😂

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Separating the chaff from the grain...

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        The guy just has a way about him. I don't know, I think it's his delivery. Treats everyone like they've never done this before.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        That was my first encounter, rubbed me the wrong way I guess lol This morning I saw their post on others threads and thought time to cut bait.

Dose the fill valve maintain a constant level in the pot or only fill it when it is empty? How many gallons are in the res, and how often do you fill it? Have you encountered pH drift problems over time with nute water in the res ?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        It’s like flood and drain in that once the plant drinks all the water in the tray, the aquavalve opens and fills the tray back up to the full line until it’s empty. The soil stays damp but not soaking wet, still it’s enough to increase the humidity big time using fabric pots.

The system came with a 12 gallon res which I’ll be using for this plant, my first grow I had 4 plants off the same res so I upgraded to a 25 gallon trash can and put a rain barrel tap at the bottom. Veg wasn’t too bad but during weeks 2-5 of flower I was refilling it every 2-3 days. Those girls were thirsty!

Ph fluctuating was a problem, I had the pump going too often. 15min every 6hrs helps but it still drifted up so I’d ph to 5.9 and it would usually drift to 6.3 or 6.4 before empty. I bought a BlueBird automatic ph adjuster I’m going to be using on the grow I’m bout to start, 3 photos in AutoPots. Seeds soaking, probably start that thread this evening.

I also ran nutes the entire time just like hydro
        Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-01-2022, 11:08 AM.

Give your time to help and drop good valuable information these cats take offense and get upset. Then buddy up and follow you around harassing the post you're in. Lol gotta grow dirt weed to act like y'all do. When you grow that good, people genuinely trying to help doesn't effect you. Definitely doesn't make you follow them around trying to contradict every post their in making yourself look like a fool in the process. Always read everything before commenting especially if what you're commenting on appears within the first 4 lines of a post lol. If you make a post saying you're fighting humidity and I read your post several times to insure you did not mention using anything to help you fight that humidity. As a GroBuddy I'm going to comment, try to help and get that humidity under control. We put alot of time into this shit, it took me years to get everything figured out, constantly and consistently if I can at anytime help the next person out shortening that learning curve I will.
      In my defense if you were a expert and knew how to manage your grow like you say, would you be having humidity issues....... my tents run so smooth i dont worry to monitor anything anymore.

dont worry bud this is all I'm saying I'm outta your thread after this., just dont act like I'm the bad guy. You were rude and your buddy added to your rudeness. be nice and so will others, carry on.
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-01-2022, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Hey GroBuddy so far you are not looking like a " buddy " you come off as a know it all and never talk about someone who's been in here like you do. I think you blow up your grows, look like a egomaniac , extremely defensive. Your way is the best eh? Go back to " rollitup an grassicity" they love your mind set and bloviated word so much that's why no one here thinks much of you. Move on we don't need your " expertise " we been doing just fine.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GroBuddy
          GroBuddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally false using this one instance to go off of. You literally have been trolling me for 2 days. I take a lot of time giving information based off a universal understanding of what works or what I've learned through trial and error. I live in the desert very few growers could use my exact methods due to environmental differences. However I dont take kindly to rudeness when I'm helping based off information given, as a growing community we should all be open to differences of opinions or methods. We should help one another we were all beginner's at one point or another. We shouldnt get hostile when someone stops to attempt to help based off of what's posted. I didn't get an attitude with op until they were a smart ass 2ce. They treated me like if someone was parked on the side of the road and another person stops to help thinking they have a flat or are broke down and wind up getting their ass kicked for it. Be different if op posted equipment used or what they've done to help manage humidity or even that was listed and I skimmed missing it. None of that happened, I stopped to try to help a fellow grower and was met with an attitude 2ce before responding harshly. You I knew from the first troll post you did yesterday that's what you were doing. I barely acknowledged you besides the one post you didn't read the first 4 lines of. Each one even knowing you were trolling I responded with information not hostility or anger.
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-01-2022, 03:35 PM.

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          GroBuddy , it's not this one instance. You've commented on four or five threads and managed to piss off almost all of them, an then have to explain yourself to them. Just saying it might be the way you come off to people. Like you say on every thread, just trying to help....

• GroBuddy
          GroBuddy commented
          Editing a comment
          when I first started I didn't know of grow Forums I grew 2 years before finding grass city. I thought I knew my method inside and out. They pissed me off because they contradicted my thought process for my method. In pissing me off they opened my eyes and I realized there were better ways or more accurate ways than what I had learned from the internet and my minimal experience. You maybe right however I dont think I go around doing that. I know what I'm talking about so I may come off cocky or know it all but I've messed up alot in order to say that. Meaning I've corrected alot of issues and experienced alot of bs. Following internet information that's limited to posters equipment, environment even medium brand nutrient brand etc. To drying methods and curing methods it's all a learning process that takes time. If you dont experience it you dont even think of it. I've never gotten a response like you posted in the 2 years being apart of those other forms grass city mainly. Maybe I have to explain myself and the person gets mad because they dont have a complete understanding hence explaining myself. Like I was at GC before I started actually listening and watching people growing in my environment for 20 30 years. Lastly I dont just do a run here and there i run autos and photos perpetually. Autos outside from 36°F to 120° F 7% humidity to indoor 3 tents and a closet. I've crossed autos and make my own seeds. I'm fixing to start crossing a nana glue with a auto not found yet. Not bragging just saying I grow in many environments throughout the entire year, And do several things, I've came along way from 1 little 3x3 tent and blurple, That's alot of mess ups and learning, in every aspect from start to cure. With that said I appreciate your feed back and I will try to work on that
          Last edited by GroBuddy; 06-01-2022, 04:36 PM.

Day 1

Comment

Starting to see daily growth

Comment

Day 14 for this girl. Should be ready to be topped in a couple more days. She’s getting big enough that I should be ok turning on the reservoir in another 7-10 days.

Comment

Topped this girl today above the 5th node and spread her out a bit. Going to give her a few days to recover then turn the reservoir on

Comment

Today is day 24 and she’s starting to show signs of flower. I went ahead and activated the system today. Basically it floods the tray until the float shuts off the water supply, as the water is consumed and the level gets low enough it will refill itself. I’m starting off with 6 gallons ph’d to 5.9 since the level will ride up a little each day, we’ll see how long it takes her to consume this batch. Hopefully it slowly drifts up to 6.2-6.3 before it needs refilled.

This is the smallest size plant I’d feel comfortable activating this system on. It’s a bit of a shock to the plants system to go from dry, airy soil to always damp soil but they thrive once adjusted and it’s cruise control on the grower really. Last plant I grew using this system had me in my grow room less than 5min per day unless the reservoir needed filled.

Comment

Two days on the reservoir and she’s thriving. The change in soil conditions didn’t bother this plant one bit.

The ph already went up to 6.4 so I adjusted back down to 6.1. Probably going to order an automatic ph adjuster to keep things regular
                  Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 06-28-2022, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Did some training and thinning out this evening

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X