Soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil

Can you reuse the living soil concentrate mix, or is it a one time grow and you done with that soil and start over.
    I've been using the earth dust and boost from the Greensunshine Co and like it because it can be reused over and over, while also like to try something new.

If used liquid or synthetic nutrients just cleanse soil by running water through it. Sledgehammer from fox farms help break up salts out of the soil. If ran organics if you ph water you can reuse immediately if you grew without phing you'll need to let soil set with organic material adding microbes thatll reset soil ph.

Comment

Thanks for the response:
      I pretty new at this and have only used earth dust and boost I love it because I don't have to check or add anything besides good clean water.
      After harvest, I Add more base (earth dust) and boost and l'm ready to reuse that soil and plant.
      if I understand correctly if I was using the living soil I would add more living soil and be ready to go again, correct?

Comment

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on quality of soil at reuse. Technically yes, but if you dont ph water reusing soil immediately without letting sit with organic matter letting microbes reset soil ph you can run into ph issues in the nee grow. Can isn't a definite just something to check or monitor. Always good to have a soil ph pen and periodically check soil ph until you've used method for years. If constantly reusing soil once you've used it for 4 to 6 grows you pretty much know soils ins and outs.

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Edit:* new grow. It's so damn hard to edit on this forum. Better read and reread before posting. If you write more than that little box allows forget about it. Cant scroll only select and scroll always flying past spot you need to edit lol crazy

Yes, I usually dump all the "used" soil into a bin add my base and let it cook for a few weeks 2 while my seeds are germinate/spouting, and then plant. I'm assuming the living soil works the same way. Add more living soil to the soil base and let it set up!
      if I'm wrong Kelp. Lol.

Comment

Ps I'm using roots organic geeenfields soil.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X