Yellowing Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing Leaves

I have yellowing leaves and need help identifying the problem. I am a new outdoor grower. Two of my nine plants are showing yellowing leaves on the new growth edges. They are in soil (50/50 ocean forest & happy frog). They are six weeks old and we're reported two weeks ago. I have just started the FF trio for nutrients, at half strength, to try and solve problem. I am watering with tap or bottled at 6.5 ph. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.
    Attached Files

I would suggest they are burnt. Unless feeding minimal amounts. New pots of ocean forest can go a month with no food. Unless watering to good run off. You can check soil ph. I dont use liquid nutrients anymore but when I did I wouldnt ph water until I started liquid nutrients. Your ph could be off locking plants out of nutrients. Did you mix completely? I'll separate ocean forest on bottom happy frog on top giving full ocean forest in final pot. The happy frog just has a couple weeks worth of feed. I'll do like 20% HF on top 80% OF on bottom. My seed starter is all HF. If ph soil ph is okay check soil ppms they should be around 500 maybe 600 if less then it's probably lack of food if it's around there or more its probably locked out. Organic soil like HF and OF have microbial life that feed on the organic matter they poop and feed the plants. So that soil or the organic food in it doesn't feed the plant and doesn't need to be phed. The organic matter feeds microbes and they do a good job at phing soil. Using liquid nutrients they are readily available for plant consumption and need to be ph for proper nutrient uptake.

Pics are soil ph for nutrient uptake the other is a ppm chart I used to go by when I used liquid nutrients. You can either feed highly diluted amounts early. Wait until bottom fans start fading or get periodic run off readings and feed when soil ppm level drops below suggested amount. I did periodic readings then fed when bottoms fade then just figured out when and how often I needed to start and feed.
    Attached Files

Comment

• RetiredGuy
      RetiredGuy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good post. However, in both my grows using 50/50 HF/OF when I first watered to runoff (approx 4 weeks after germination), the runoff pH was about 5.8. For whatever reason the soil microbes didn’t do so well adjusting pH. If you have any idea why, I would love to hear it.

• GroBuddy
      GroBuddy commented
      Editing a comment
      I made a post which could be a response for this below. Probably due to phing water during that time. ( 6.2-6.7 ) or what not. If you didn't ph, I'd have no clue then. Just know what I do and what works for me. I dont ph anything, however I dont use liquid nutrients either. Just water with 9.2ph round about. I did use liquid nutrients, for 3 years before completely going organic and reusing soil. I use my method for 40 to 45 plants a year growing this way, I run perpetually indoors and outdoors 3 tents and a closet indoors. Not phing growing organically works for me. Highest I've read at harvest is 7.7 but didn't show any negative side effects. I've never read under 6.5 growing this way.
      Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-27-2022, 07:19 PM.

Could also have been from putting them in direct sunlight after starting indoors if you did that. Some strains most strains need to be acclimated to sunlight for a week or so

Comment

Just checked my soil ph, it was 5.8. So I flushed it now is around 6.3. I'll have to wait and see. Dont know how the FF soil got to 5.8. Thanks for the great info. I will keep y'all update.

Comment

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        You're probably phing water to 6.5 or whatever. Happy frog and ocean forest are organic. They feed the plant with microbes which feed on organic matter and poop the nutrients plants need. Those microbes ph the rhizosphere or root zone fine themselves. I grow organically all the way through and dont ph my tap water. Using liquid nutrients after soil has been depleted and the microbes run out of food. then you must ph water and feed to keep soil ph at a good level. Liquid nutrients are readily available if they aren't ph plants may not get the adequate amount of nutrients. The soil itself and organic amendments are slow released and dont feed the plant technically feeding
        microbes instead.

If soil by itself ph's out to 6.7 and you're giving 6.5 that can lower ph vs your soil phing itself to 6.7 and giving 9.2ph water these are over 2 months old giving plain tap water

Apologies for repeating myself I'm apart of three grow forum's I can get confused with what I've said and who I've said it to
        Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-27-2022, 02:39 PM.

The ph pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X