Topping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping

Hi there, I just topped my three litlle Girl Scout Cockies and and I’ve realized I don’t know how long should I wait before switching to 12/12. Can I switch right after the cut or it’s better to wait some days ?
    hope you can gimme some information about it, great work guy with the forum, thanks a lot!!

2wks to allow plant time to heal and start growing again, but yes if you wanted you could flip now. They'll just stretch out of the topping tho instead of growing some then getting separation during flower stretch.

Comment

Thanks grobuddy, but don’t you think if I flip now then the harvest could be lighter? I’ve heard something about the apical hormone, when you top a plant it could take some time to send this hormones to the new tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostycola View Post
        Thanks grobuddy, but don’t you think if I flip now then the harvest could be lighter? I’ve heard something about the apical hormone, when you top a plant it could take some time to send this hormones to the new tops.
        Yea but that doesn't mean you can't. you can run 12 12 from seed if you wanted, giving up quantity but doesn't mean you can't. no photo of plant, no details of plants age. You asked if you could flower or wait to flower, which is what I was responding to.

Comment

No one ask if you can or you don’t, but all right I’ll try to seek some information

Comment

Originally posted by Frostycola View Post
            No one ask if you can or you don’t, but all right I’ll try to seek some information
            don’t know how long should I wait before switching to 12/12. Can I switch right after the cut or it’s better to wait some days ? You literally did bud

Comment

If I can't help a fellow grower, I shall not hinder them.

Comment

If you've just topped the plants, and flip to 12-12 dont expect much at harvest. Are you in a rush? I typically veg my plants for at least 6 weeks, then flip to flower.
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
                Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
                Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Thanks guys, I’m not in a rush but I’d like to give them the less time posible after cutting with no damaging my final harvest.

Comment

I generally top or Fim early, maybe the 4th or 5th node/set of leaves. You want the branching structure early. Then thin during veg a couple times.

Never waited until the flip time. It will be interesting to see what they do during the stretch.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X