Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pls help

hello!
    so this is my first grow attempt. makeshift tent, not hermetically closed, led lights 600w (about 170w actually), little fan, water containers for humidity. she is a photoperiod feminized strain (green gelato sativa inidica mix), about 4 weeks in. i would appreciate any comments from fellow growers, she is a bit tacoing, a bit droopy, doesnt seem to bad to me but I admit to have very little to none exp. I'm on a budget, but thinking about humidifier. the leaves are pretty dark green, I have not added any nutes so far. I'm constantly reading about under/overwatering, nitrogen toxicity, nitrogen deficiency, too much light or too damn dark. someone pls tell me how I'm doin! thank you kindly

Looks like it may be getting a little hot in there, tacoing leaves. I grow outdoors where it gets 120° but pots can't sit on hot concrete and need adequate air flow. If the fans just pushing around the same air that's not adequate need extraction where the air gets refreshed. Larger space probably wouldnt be an issue yet but I'll use a closet when my tents are full I'll use a light similar to yours it's 165 watts it can get rather hot I'll have the door open with a 6in fan pushing air into the closet. Never completely flowered in there tho, the closet without extraction

Comment

thanks a lot! I will try to reduce the temperature by increasing airflow. it does feel quite warm. I guess a thermometer seems pretty necessary.

Comment

• GroBuddy
        GroBuddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Best at first to have one at plants base like on the ground. Also have one hanging at plant canopy. You'll want to know that the roots aren't too hot/ too cold, but also the foliage doesn't need to be hot either. Around 78 at foliage more than that it may be too hot, the added air circulation will help. Once you get accustomed to your set up you'll only need one at foliage.

I'd go with something like that so you can see a daily high and low to help judge what may need to be done to improve conditions if anything. Some dont show the 24hr highs and lows both temperature and humidity

Comment

GroBuddy thanks a ton! that's a cool idea with the high/ low spectrum thermostat! I'm getting one and gonna get more serious about the temps!

Comment

Originally posted by emco View Post
          GroBuddy thanks a ton! that's a cool idea with the high/ low spectrum thermostat! I'm getting one and gonna get more serious about the temps!
          Temps are important but not as important as keeping roots from getting to hot and air movement. I run autos outdoors perpetually year round. It gets 120° F. Being in a small space with hot temps and limited cooler fresh air with minimal circulation is hurting that plant. Good luck bud

Comment

hey GroBuddy, thank you so much for your help, I apologize for this late reply, I hope you still be able to read this. the advice with the Temps was a life saver. it was too hot. I got a thermometer, readings were around 37C. I almost feel stupid for not doing it sooner. thanks again. I optimized the airflow, first got a small fan to blow directly at the plant from <10cm (4inch) distance, but it started causing some wind burn symptoms. now I have a big fan, around 6 feet or 2m away. the plants looks really good to me, I'm keeping it simple and having so much fun with it. also talking to it helps. me and her hah! cheers mate

Comment

some pics to go along with my rant
              Attached Files

Comment

If you want to invest in better temp control AC Infinity make fan setups with a Controller 67 which can control both temp and humidity, though both at the same time takes some playing around.

Vapor Pressure Differential is something to study up on.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220621-071844[1].png
Views:	93
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	568235

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X