Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Young plant issues

hi,
    my plant is two weeks old and some strange spots began to appear and leaves began to turn yellow.
    until now I watered with tap water (about 7 pH) and just 2 days ago I started watering at a controlled level of 6.5 pH.
    I dont use nutrient yet.
    The soil is ventilated and water the pot a little at a time (about 100mm) whenever about an inch below the ground feels dry.

Do you think the problem is overwatering or underwatering?

Attached Files

Doesn't look like either both would cause drooping yours is yellowing meaning something's off either in the soil or environment. Lights could be too close or mixing up ph like that coulda threw it off. If in quality soil plants have everything they need to feed off seed casing the first 2wks so youd be there now but if in good soil that should be feeding. That soil has alot of roots, coco husk or something in it not good quality. Looks like coco rather than soil

Comment

When looking for soil read the ingredients. The first ingredient listed is what the soil is mostly comprised of. Quality soil is mostly comprised of aged forest material. Most soils list peat moss or something else as its main ingredient.

Comment

What are you doing for chlorine/chloramine in the tap water? Many providers have stopped using chlorine as it evaporates from the water, chloramine does not, both harm plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          What are you doing for chlorine/chloramine in the tap water? Many providers have stopped using chlorine as it evaporates from the water, chloramine does not, both harm plants.
          a boogie blue filter for water hose, is what I use. Idk your water but most tap can sit for 24hrs and be fine theres not enough chloramine in most to effect plants health. I use the filter because I water straight from the water hose.

Comment

I bought the soil from a good growing store, so I do not think this is the problem.
            maybe the lighting is too strong, I use Spider Farmer sf1000 led light 100% power 24" above the plant. I will try to lower power for 80% for now.

More suggestions?

Comment

Nah only suggestion is it's easier with over under watering in smaller pots. Easier as in not as easy to do. Smaller pots you can fill the whole pot no worries. Vegging plants dont need full strength light, only a hundred watt light tho so at that distance it shouldnt be an issue.

These are at start of 2wks autos. I'll mainly water from bottom to aid in establishing roots. I'll water with fish poo, worm juice, diluted of course mycorrhizae, or plain tap water
              Attached Files
              Last edited by GroBuddy; 05-26-2022, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X