Need Advice re: Rh & Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice re: Rh & Temp

First grow in a new state. I had tent grows on the west coast and never had a problem. I only owned 1 little humidifier and didn’t own a dehuey. Now I have my first east coast tent grow. Things went swimmingly the first two weeks, then with a couple weeks til flower the weather here changed… all week we have had temps of up to 94 and humidity up to 87%! I have an AC ducted so the cold air blows into the tent- but this raises the humidity into the 69-75% range. I now have two excellent dehueys that really lower the RH to where I want it (45-55%)…but running the dehueys raises the temp back to the low-mid 80’s. I feel like I’m just going in circles. How to people deal with this on the east coast? I’ve never had this issue, so I am asking… is it more important to keep the temp below 85 or keep the humidity below 60, because at this point I cannot seem to do both😳 Is there some trick I don’t know, or is Cali just THAT much easier of a place to grow? 5x10 tent, 9 plants in soil in 3 gal cloth grow bags, 650w led, 6” exhaust fan at 75-100%, 2 oscillating and 3 stationary fans.

Humidity during flower would be my only concern. I grow indoors 40-50% humidity 70-80° then I also grow outside in a desert climate with low to no humidity up to 120° during summer months.

Comment

I got three high 80s days this week. I AC the room and exhaust to outside. Was able to keep the plants below 85 and the humidity 50-55. We usually get week or two of misery in August so I hope my plants are done by them. An AC should lower the humidity unless you have swamp coolers. They add to the humidity, you want the compressor kind.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

With the change in seasons and one day 60f the next 80f it hard. I try to limit the temp to 84f or so . But this generally takes so much air flow say goodbye to good humidity VPD numbers. Better to run it dry IMHO than too wet. I only get seriously concerned when it's over 80%.

Sometimes I need to tweak the peak temp to better match the resulting humidity level. Sometimes I run some 50w lights on temp controllers to keep the temperature up.

Comment

Thank you for the responses, I’d never dealt with “actual humidity” before. Ended up dropping $ on a MUCH bigger dehuey and everything has stabilized at under 80 degrees and under 60%. It’s not very much under those numbers, but it has been a couple days since it broke 60% (outside RH is 94% right now😳).
          I “liked” everyone’s responses, thank you again for at least sympathizing with my panic.

Moderator, this topic can be closed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X